How does SDP work for sushi?

Jezo

It is all you can eat. You use one of your meals each, plus pay the $7 plus 18% gratuity. In other words, you are really paying $28-$30 each person, so you'll need to eat a lot of sushi to break even.

Edited by LrgPizza

It is all you can eat. You use one of your meals each, plus pay the $7 plus 18% gratuity. In other words, you are really paying $28-$30 each person, so you'll need to eat a lot of sushi to break even.

So 18% gratuity/service charge when you buy the package and 18% again on the $7?

With the SDP, all you pay is the sushi upchsrge, I think I came out to like $8.30. You end up using one of your SDP days so just be aware of that depending on how big of a package you purchased.

Well, as LrgPizza pointed out, you already paid around $20 per meal when you bought your package. So if you were like me, and only ate a couple pieces of sushi and paid $20 plus $7 upcharge plus 18%, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

You do have the option to just tell them you will pay a la carte for the sushi if you don't feel you will get a your money's worth using the package. I'd rather pay $12 for sushi a la carte, and then use my package at Cagneys, where the bill might be upwards of $50 otherwise. Much more bang for the buck.

So 18% gratuity/service charge when you buy the package and 18% again on the $7?

Yes. Basically 2 people would need to eat close to $60 in sushi to break even if they purchased the SDP and use one of their meals at this restaurant. Unless, of course, you received the SDP as a promo, then you'd just be paying the $7 upcharge plus gratuity.