"Other costs" of booking the Haven

Suze10860

The mind is always working....

Let's pretend that when it's closer to our actual Breakaway sailing time (April 3) something magnificent happens, and a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony becomes available for say...$500 a person. It's my fantasy. I'm just making believe.

I'm curious as to what other costs might I need to consider? For example, immediately I would think of extra tips for the butler and/or concierge. Along the same lines, how do you end up saving when you stay at this level? Example: free room service - never a charge.

Also, can one have visitors up to the Haven? Like to drink at the bar? Another couple might be on the cruise with us, but I'm guessing that they would NOT be allowed to partake in any of the perks - the restaurant, tenders, etc. Having never (ever) stayed above a "Balcony" category I have no idea how anything works up in that world. This trip we have a mini suite booked, so I feel like my little daydream isn't totally crazy. Maybe a little crazy, but not totally!!! A girl can dream, right?:o

Any thoughts on the $ situation? Thanks.

Good to see a mind at work. I think your fantasy plan is possible, just remember suites usually start upselling earlier, if you call and no offers are made nicely ask if they can remember your reservation if a suite comes available. They said no but it worked for me.

Free room service is all I can think of for savings also, no added promos for upsells. But monetary savings aren't really the point. Read the thread "Is the Haven really worth it". A lot of what you will be saving is your mind (stress).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296969

The mind is always working....

Let's pretend that when it's closer to our actual Breakaway sailing time (April 3) something magnificent happens, and a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony becomes available for say...$500 a person. It's my fantasy. I'm just making believe.

I'm curious as to what other costs might I need to consider? For example, immediately I would think of extra tips for the butler and/or concierge. Along the same lines, how do you end up saving when you stay at this level? Example: free room service - never a charge.

Also, can one have visitors up to the Haven? Like to drink at the bar? Another couple might be on the cruise with us, but I'm guessing that they would NOT be allowed to partake in any of the perks - the restaurant, tenders, etc. Having never (ever) stayed above a "Balcony" category I have no idea how anything works up in that world. This trip we have a mini suite booked, so I feel like my little daydream isn't totally crazy. Maybe a little crazy, but not totally!!! A girl can dream, right?:o

Any thoughts on the $ situation? Thanks.

Friends would be able to visit you in your suite, but not allowed in the Haven pool/lounge/bar/restaurant areas.

You would have the extra tips for the Butler and Concierge to factor in.

Save money on specialty restaurants since you can eat dinner in the Haven restaurant with a smaller wonderful ambiance and wait staff.

No fee for room service since you Butler handles all those orders.

Suite comes with a bottle of sparkling wine, and a 45 minute VIP party with free drinks...so you could save on the bar tab a bit with that.

Suites come with a portable phone that can be carried around the ship to stay in contact with your suite, the butler, concierge or to call other cabins. So you can save that $7.95 iconcierge cost I guess.

I'm sure there are more money saving items that I'm not thinking about...hopefully others will chime in with those.

In the added costs category would be the extra DSC for Haven suites. If I'm remembering correctly, it's $15.50 pp per day as opposed to 13.50 pp for other room categories.

You might also look for an upsell to a haven spa suite. It's a smaller suite, but you do get thermal spa access included and you have a jacuzzi in your room.

Edited by cruisebie