Cancelling Eastly Saver rate and carrying forward the deposit

heatherbelle

Hi

I am current,y booked at ES rate and final payment has not yet arrived.

I paid a $600 deposit. I understand that I will loose $150 due to the cancellation $50 per person and the balance $450 is given as a future cruise credit to be used within 24 months of the cancellation, which would take me to Febrauary 2018.

My question is, as Summer 2018 cruises are not yet out and won't be for a while, can I use the $450 left over credit to put down as a deposit on another cruise on fully refundable cruise rate for example say October 2017 and then when Summer 2018 cruises come out cancel that cruise (Oct 17) and move the deposit to the 2018 cruise, the one that i intend to take?

I am from the UK so restricted to when I can cruise with Carnival. I can save some money by cancelling my current cruise and rebooking here in the UK, even if I loose the whole $600, but obviously if there is a way to max out the lost deposit so much the better.

So could I pay new cash for the new cruise as the deposit, add the $450 to that and then move the whole lot to a later cruise?

What I am trying to do is essentially move the $450 to a letter cruise in 2018 without losing it. I am not bothered if I have to pay more cash up front, if I make sense?

Edited by heatherbelle

I had to cancel a b2b set of cruises I had booked. Penalties were $200 and so the remaining $300 was issued as future cruise credit. 2 was later I booked a different date, put down new deposit, then PVP applied both fcc's to balance. You just have to book within a certain period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by troublemaker256

So could I pay new cash for the new cruise as the deposit, add the $450 to that and then move the whole lot to a later cruise?

What I am trying to do is essentially move the $450 to a letter cruise in 2018 without losing it. I am not bothered if I have to pay more cash up front, if I make sense?

I ran into this problem a few years ago. If I remember correctly, You don't have to cruise before the two years is up, you just have to book your cruise.

I ran into this problem a few years ago. If I remember correctly, You don't have to cruise before the two years is up, you just have to book your cruise.

Also, if you re-book in the same call that you cancel, your current deposit (less the $50pp penalty) CAN be applied to the new deposit.

Ken

My cruise a few months ago was paid for, in part, with a ES deposit from a cancelled cruise. The contract states that you have to use the left over deposit within 2 years of when you cancelled. It was a sticky point for me because since I cancelled a LONG time before the cruise, I ended up hurting myself and having to cruise 2 years within that date, vs if I had waited to cancel. The penalty would've been the same and I could've booked from 2 years from that date. Unfortunately, you can't just book a cruise within 2 years and it's not 2 years from the original sale date. You have to actually sale within 2 years of the date you cancel the cruise.

And the $550 couldn't be used as a deposit and was on my statement as non-refundable payment.

I just cancelled two cruises last month. Booked both early saver and was well before final payment. hckyfan68 you are correct. You have to book your cruise within two years and have to sail within three years.

I booked a different cruise in the same phone call and my PVP moved the funds from one of the cruises over to the new cruise. Then I got via email info on the future cruise certificate which I applied to the newly booked cruise.

I know you've gotten different answers, but you will be able to book a summer 2018 cruise when it becomes available. As springs741 said, you do have to book within 2 years, but you just have to sail within 3 years of canceling the previous booking.

Another point to clarify is that you can't use the future cruise credit as a deposit. It comes in as a discount on the cruise fare instead of a payment, so you still need to have an actual deposit.

I just had to call about this very thing last Saturday. The rep I spoke with said we had to complete our sailing by the 24th month which for us will be April 21 2017. She was very specific about the date too. We cancelled April 21 2015. Looks like there is still no real definitive answer.