How crowded on the Sun out of Houston?

caa

Does anyone have a feel for how many passengers canceled when the Sun was moved to Houston? I see prices haven't gone down, but it appears that cabins are still available in all categories for our Thanksgiving week cruise. I know there won't be a definitive answer, but I'm just curious whether this will be a full ship or have a bit more elbow room. Anyone want to speculate? Also, does anybody have any experience with aft cabins on deck 4 (Biscayne)? Lots of engine noise, or relatively quiet?

I found a great price for Dec 4, 2005 and could not pass it up

Karen

Karen,If you don't mind my asking just how great was the price? We are sailing on the 4th also and are trying to talk my cousin and her husband into going with us. Money is a real big issue for them right now. Thanks! Kay28_1_16.gif

NCL is working hard to fill up the 10/23 Sun sailing (now 9 days away). We got an upsell call yesterday to move us from a GG (outside porthole, 4th floor) to BC (8th floor balcony). Looks like they are trying to move everyone up into the higher price cabins to free up more of the lower cabins in order to do deep discounts on them to fill the ship. The very nice upsell agent I spoke with said that all inside cabins for this sailing were sold out as of 10/14 AM, so they are going to be starting today calling some of those inside folks to get them to upsell to outside or balcony. Then, I assume they hope to further discount the insides to fill the ship up as much as possible before the sail date.

On www.NCL.com the balcony is starting at $699 per person but online agency has it for $599 per person. Even cheaper on inside and outside for the 4th of December. Unfortunately I have paid final payment but they have great deals. Go to NCL website above and click on voyages and prices and enter ship and date. Good luck! Debbie

Just one thing about the rates and Thanksgiving week: yes they are very low and most cats available, but not in abundance. All balcony cabins for 3 or 4 in the cabin are sold out as are most of the outside that hold more than 2. You may find them listed as allowing 3 or 4 in cabin; try calling a TA or NCL and you will find out there are no more. It gets pretty complicated. There may be x number of cabins that can hold more than 2, but only a certain number will be authorized for more than 2, thus what you may think is availabale and what is can be very different. BTW, grab those prices if there are only 2 of you; they are down right awesome. NMNita

Just one thing about the rates and Thanksgiving week: yes they are very low and most cats available, but not in abundance. All balcony cabins for 3 or 4 in the cabin are sold out as are most of the outside that hold more than 2. You may find them listed as allowing 3 or 4 in cabin; try calling a TA or NCL and you will find out there are no more. It gets pretty complicated. There may be x number of cabins that can hold more than 2, but only a certain number will be authorized for more than 2, thus what you may think is availabale and what is can be very different. BTW, grab those prices if there are only 2 of you; they are down right awesome. NMNita

I understand what you're saying about not allowing 3 in every cabin that could potentially hold 3. But when I put 2 adults, 1 child in the NCL website booking tool it offers me 5 specific cabins in the BA, BB categories. It will also let me book a GTY in the other balcony categories. So what happens to people who book online if they really aren't going to allow 3 in these cabins.

Actually the on line booking will not go through. You can get clear to the confirm portion and it will throw the reservation out. I just had a friend of one of my clients try this about 3 months ago. I also did a phoney one this morning putting 3 in a balcony cabin on the Sun for Turkey week. Sure enough it would not take: that was using our company's system. i don't know why they don't just say, none available. It would make everything so much easier. NMnita

Archived