Millennium Cabins: 3132 or 6019???

FunInTheSun9

Hello! We have a choice of either cabin 3132 oceanview, or 6019 oceanview on the Millie. Which would you choose?

3132 is one of the NEWER Category 6 cabins on deck 3 near mid ship that was installed in 2012 (cabins 3112 to 3144). They are about 20sq ft larger than normal Cat6 cabins, and have a 5 foot tall nearly floor to ceiling window (about a foot larger than normal OV windows).

6019 is on deck 6 forward. It is a Cat5 cabin that is about 40 sq ft larger than a normal Oceanview. It has two sofas on each side of the bed.

We have cabin 3116 (similar to 3132) on the first sailing of our B2B cruise this May, and 6019 on the return - but 3132 just became available for the return. Oh, and as Select members, we did not have to pay for the Cat6 to Cat5 upgrade, so there is no price difference.

I think both cabins are great. Originally thought a change of pace by moving from deck 3 to deck 6 between sailings would be welcome. Now thinking maybe staying near our first cabin will make it an easier B2B change for the second sailing - and having a newer cabin with a larger window may be better than one that is three decks higher, with a smaller window but a second couch.

I know, tough choices, right? Can't loose either way. Just wondering, for those that have sailed in either these cabins/types, which do you prefer?

Hello! We have a choice of either cabin 3132 oceanview, or 6019 oceanview on the Millie. Which would you choose?

3132 is one of the NEWER Category 6 cabins on deck 3 near mid ship that was installed in 2012 (cabins 3112 to 3144). They are about 20sq ft larger than normal Cat6 cabins, and have a 5 foot tall nearly floor to ceiling window (about a foot larger than normal OV windows).

6019 is on deck 6 forward. It is a Cat5 cabin that is about 40 sq ft larger than a normal Oceanview. It has two sofas on each side of the bed.

We have cabin 3116 (similar to 3132) on the first sailing of our B2B cruise this May, and 6019 on the return - but 3132 just became available for the return. Oh, and as Select members, we did not have to pay for the Cat6 to Cat5 upgrade, so there is no price difference.

3116 I believe has connecting cabin door while 3132 does not. As far as 6019, my main concern would be anchor/thruster noise. Others staying in 3112-3144 area report location's convenience, off main walkway feature. Good Luck

Personally if it were I, I would choose 3132 with the larger window because of the quiet aft location, convenient location, and the large window. I am not a fan of forward cabins because of forward motion in rough seas. We usually chose aft cabins, often all the way aft. We have stayed in one of these cabins (3142) with the large windows on the Constellation, and would do so again. In fact, we have two of these cabins booked for future Summit and Infinity cruises.

• 6 months later...

I think both cabins are great. Originally thought a change of pace by moving from deck 3 to deck 6 between sailings would be welcome. Now thinking maybe staying near our first cabin will make it an easier B2B change for the second sailing - and having a newer cabin with a larger window may be better than one that is three decks higher, with a smaller window but a second couch.

I know, tough choices, right? Can't loose either way. Just wondering, for those that have sailed in either these cabins/types, which do you prefer?

Can anyone tell me what cabin 3132 was like regarding noise from the Rendevous Lounge at night?

Edited by PE851

Cabin 3132 is one deck below but enough aft of the Rendezvous Lounge to not get any noise from the lounge. We have been in 3142 and did not have any noise of concern. Someone on the M-Class Cabin sticky reported the following for the Summit. I didn't notice the vibration noise in 3142 (or it just didn't bother me), but I will look for it in 3136 which we will have in May 2017.

From M-Class Cabin sticky thread:

On Summit -

CABIN #: 3132

DECK #: 3

CLASS: ov 6

AREA: midship -ish

QUIET?: relatively quiet. No noise from hallway, neighbors or people above.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Pros: huge round window, newer room that was added during rehab. Great location, near both aft staircases and midship area.

Cons: constant vibration during trip and there was a low level noise like a mini-helicoopter when tied up at port.

• 2 weeks later...