Britannia suite

sapphire4

Hi does anyone have any information regarding the forward suites on Britannia? Are they worth the extra money? Is it particularly rough at the front? We usually like the aft balconys. We don't think we would like butler service but I believe its opyional. Thanks

Sorry forgot to ask if the forward suites are overlooked by the bridge? Thanks

We have been in Aft suites B Deck facing the wake and a suite on the Portside B Deck.Our butler took us to view suits on C Deck and D Deck C102 and D102. First of all as both of the balconies are on the port side of the ship and have narrow balconies which only held two chairs and one table that we could see which had to be tied down because of the wind and that was in the Caribbean. However, as the bedroom windows in both of these suites stretch down from ceiling to near the floor lovely big windows with plenty of daylight I think there were three windows in the bedroom itself and are facing forward no one would be able to see in. Also on both of the these balconies as you enter outside onto the balcony to the right hand side there is a an arch or perhaps you would call it an obstruction which decreases the size of the balcony so I cant say if this balcony is overlooked from the bridge. The suite itself has a very narrow sitting area but the bedroom which is completely separate is absolutely hugh. Personally I have ben in many suites on all the P&O fleet and sorry to say yes Britania suites that we have been in were lovely but much smaller than any other suites that I have been in and NO not worth the money. Our next cruise on Britannia we have booked a Superior De Luxe. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Could I ask what benefits you get with booking a suite. I believe you get an early embarkation time, breakfast in the Epicurean, A butler if required. I can find a list of in cabin benefits like toiletries pack, trouser press, etc...Thanks

Could I ask what benefits you get with booking a suite. I believe you get an early embarkation time, breakfast in the Epicurean, A butler if required. I can find a list of in cabin benefits like toiletries pack, trouser press, etc...Thanks

Early embarkation if leaving from Southampton and Caribbean

Butler will unpack clothes for you and pack again when leaving if you wish

Butler takes laundry to laundry for you but he does not iron clothing and will ensure the clothes are returned next day

Butler will provide you with a wakeup call at any time you choose and deliver tea coffee before breakfast, serve you full or continental breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and evening dinner in your suite if you wish normally he will finish about 9pm.

Butler will arrange and be of service should you wish to invite guests around for drinks, he will also pre book any particular speciality restaurant of your choice that you may wish to dine in

Epicurean for breakfast. Lovely

Iron Board and Iron. We have never had a trouser press in any suite that we have been in and we have been in suites on Oceana, Ventura, Azura, Britannia. That’s not to say the other ships don’t provide trouser press in their suites.

Slippers, Dressing gown

Pillow menue

Fresh fruit every day

Canapes every evening

Priority boarding passes if you require to tender

On embarkation day 1 Btl Champagne and box of P&O chocolates, throughout the rest of the cruise and additional 1/2btle champagne on one other additional formal night.

Other than that no other benefits available unfortunately

P&O really should be readdressing the benefits for guests in suites.

Enclosed some pic to give you an idea size of balcony

My husband having breakfast on Britannia B Deck B724 Big Balcony

Friends visiting us on Caribbean night in B724

Friends visiting us on haloween night in Suite B222 portside long narrow balcony much like Suite C102 and D102

Can you see how much space there is between the cabin door and the balcony handrail this is also in suite B22 portside.

Butlers assisting at one of our soirees. Any further information required please just ask.

Scott5.jpg.8384111f612a23e07d6fddf630e1d91d.jpg

1720964781_497GangonBritanniaNov2015.jpg.d75c14ead935396cac075e8106cf591d.jpg

486.jpg.a9a77f68133b36b3ab66c36d744c35f7.jpg

495.jpg.3eec9a586c30d1e7ee9aa20b3a3fb390.jpg

485.jpg.070d85d72c33748c8193b2f6b356ed5b.jpg

Hi there, just come off Britannia and we stayed in suite C102. Lovely room, you get a window as well as your balcony. Balcony is a lot smaller than other suites we have stayed in (last one on Azura) oh and you don't get the sun very much but we heard a lot of complaints about the aft suites so glad we were at the front(port side)

Hi there, just come off Britannia and we stayed in suite C102. Lovely room, you get a window as well as your balcony. Balcony is a lot smaller than other suites we have stayed in (last one on Azura) oh and you don't get the sun very much but we heard a lot of complaints about the aft suites so glad we were at the front(port side)

Hi doug84ang Last time I spoke to you on a thread was 25/8/15. Glad you enjoyed your suite. We were on Britannia B2B TA Oct/Nov2015 and had two separate suites on B Deck . Port side first two weeks and AFT second two weeks facing the wake. Both suites were lovely and we thurerly enjoyed the Britannia,however on some days we too had problems with soot on the balcony Aft facing the wake. Don't know how they will ever be able to overcome this issue.

Hi, I know suites get early tickets for tenders, just wondering if a similar arrangement exists if travelling to ports where everyone on the ship has to go through immigration?

Hi Florry, do you mean that when we are required to attend immigration on the ship before entering Barbados. If this is what you mean the answer is no. Only ever had to attend immigration onboard the ship before disembarking in Barbados.Definately no priority for suite guests attending immigration.:)

Hi Florry, do you mean that when we are required to attend immigration on the ship before entering Barbados. If this is what you mean the answer is no. Only ever had to attend immigration onboard the ship before disembarking in Barbados.Definately no priority for suite guests attending immigration.:)

I was thinking about the US and docking at New York, just wondered on the off-chance. We don't really want to do a trip but it looks as though that will be the quickest route ashore.

I was thinking about the US and docking at New York, just wondered on the off-chance. We don't really want to do a trip but it looks as though that will be the quickest route ashore.

Are you going with P&O to New York ? Remember you can always be first to go through immigration if you just turn up as early as you can. We never wait in Barbados for the allocated time given we always just pop up as soon as it is announced that immigration has begun. If you are going with some other company they may very well offer suite guests priority times for going through immigration. May I also state that it is wonderful sight sailing into Manhattan in New York and wonderful sailing out again. Lovely enjoy.:)

Are you going with P&O to New York ? Remember you can always be first to go through immigration if you just turn up as early as you can. We never wait in Barbados for the allocated time given we always just pop up as soon as it is announced that immigration has begun. If you are going with some other company they may very well offer suite guests priority times for going through immigration. May I also state that it is wonderful sight sailing into Manhattan in New York and wonderful sailing out again. Lovely enjoy.:)

Yes we are going on Arcadia in September. I got some really helpful tips in an earlier thread, I'm not sure what we will do - I don't really want to be tied to a trip as I think we can get around NYC on our own, but the thought of wasting precious hours in a queue at immigration isn't ideal either. We are due to dock at noon after 6 days at sea so I'm expecting a stampede lol.

Yes we are going on Arcadia in September. I got some really helpful tips in an earlier thread, I'm not sure what we will do - I don't really want to be tied to a trip as I think we can get around NYC on our own, but the thought of wasting precious hours in a queue at immigration isn't ideal either. We are due to dock at noon after 6 days at sea so I'm expecting a stampede lol.

Oh gosh sorry that I missed this cruise especially with it stopping in at NY if I had seen it I would have joined you onboard. Better keep my eyes open wider for next time. Just had a look at this cruise J614 might make some enqueries today regarding availability.

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Hi does anyone have any information regarding the forward suites on Britannia? Are they worth the extra money? Is it particularly rough at the front? We usually like the aft balconys. We don't think we would like butler service but I believe its opyional. Thanks

Hello,

I have only stayed in an aft corner suite on Britannia & have booked another one for this September.

However, I stumbled across this video the other day.

I know it doesn't answer your questions as such, however, it might give you an idea of what the forward facing suites are like inside.

Hope it helps.

Joan

Oh gosh sorry that I missed this cruise especially with it stopping in at NY if I had seen it I would have joined you onboard. Better keep my eyes open wider for next time. Just had a look at this cruise J614 might make some enqueries today regarding availability.

Yes J614 that's the one we are on and a few others. I've been watching it and it seems to be filling up with restive ease. Hope you can join us :)