Breeze ports

canadaman111

We are looking at our first cruise on the breeze and are going to be going to cozumel, cayman islands, and montego bay. We are not planning on doing much if anything as far as shore excursions go. My question is what is there to do right at the ports in each of these islands. We are hoping to have a beach within walking distance at each stop

We are looking at our first cruise on the breeze and are going to be going to cozumel, cayman islands, and montego bay. We are not planning on doing much if anything as far as shore excursions go. My question is what is there to do right at the ports in each of these islands. We are hoping to have a beach within walking distance at each stop

You will need to take a cab to the beaches of Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

They have good beaches but not walking distance I'm afraid.

Cozumel has shopping, bars and restaurants.

Grand Cayman has very little, a little bit of shopping. You need to go a ways from the port for most things.

At each of those ports you will need to take a taxi to a beach. If you want to do a beach in Mo Bay I would suggest that you spend the dollars for an all inclusive beach day either through Carnival or through a private excursion company. Jamaica isn't the safest place to just hang at a random beach.

Grand Cayman you have the 7 mile beach which is beautiful & great shopping not far off the boat.

Cozumel does have shopping in the cruise port but the good beaches are about 15-20 minute cab ride away.

Montego bay is a definite excursion port. the ALL inclusives are the way to go here. ours was around 70 pp with lunch transportation and all the red stripe and rum punch i could drink.

Grand Caymen has a ton of shopping around the tender area. we walked all over and never felt hassled or unsafe. If you snorkel Eden Rock is a wonderful Snorkel site within walking distance of the docks.

Cozumel has a large shopping area right around the port but for actual sand beaches you need a taxi.

I wouldn't rule out excursions. They can really help you make the most out of your vacation. I've done it both ways and having an excursion really does make a difference in my experience - whether booked through the ship or a third party.

I did that itinerary on the Breeze and had some great ones. Montego Bay does not offer much without an excursion. We did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel (through Carnival) there and had a blast.

Edited by Pesh

Montego Bay and Grand Cayman do not have beaches with walking distance. You will need to take a taxi or bus to the beach.

Montego Bay: There is a shuttle bus that will take you to Doctors Cave Beach for $5 per person. When you get to Montego Bay ask where the bus is and someone will take you to it. You will have to pay the entrance fee for Doctors Cave. This is the closest beach to the cruise terminal area.

Grand Cayman: You will need to take a taxi to the beaches. There are several stopping points on Seven Mile Beach. I would recommend Royal Palms Hotel as your stopping point. Again, you will pay the fee to get in. NOTE: I would NOT recommend stopping at Calico Jack's. The place is run down and the chairs are worn and the beach area is much nicer at Royal Palms. Be sure to tell the cab driver NOT to take you there!

Cozumel: There are many beaches in Cozumel. El Cid Hotel is within walking distance from the ship. You can purchase a day pass. There is also many other beach clubs such as Paradise Beach, Mr. Sancho's, and San Francisco. You will need to get a cab and pay the admission fee. There is also Nachi Cocom which is an all inclusive beach. If you decide to go there you will need to book in advance through Island Marketing as it is limited to a certain amount of people (I believe 100).