Dining questions for Breakaway- SDP, Kids, Times

Disprincess2213

Hello everyone! I am brand new to these boards- they have been so helpful in providing information to a new family ready to start loving crusing!

We are booked on the Breakaway. Its me, DH, and DD (3). We have SDP for 4 nights booked. Here are a few of my questions!

1. What exactly is included in the SDP these 4 nights? It says one entrée but what about appetizer(s) or dessert?

2. What do we do about DD (3)? She eats very small meals and is not included in the SDP.... do we pay OOP for her?

3. Does NCL offer a specialty captain night in the MDRs with a fancy menu? When is this night typically? which brings me to my next question....

4. How can I know which nights to book my specialty restaurants in advance? What I mean is, is there any way to know what the MDR will offer in advance so that I can make reservations at the other restaurants when I don't prefer the food?

5. Are there any boards/websites that I can go on to look at guests photos of the Breakaway? I would love to see pics of food!

6. Is there somewhere that lists all the restaurants, if they serve BLD, and the hours? I see I can view deck plans online but I was looking for more of a paper with hours and what they serve.

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer these for me!

1. One entree is the only restriction.

2. Kids can eat for free from the kids menu in any restaurant. We often feed our son elsewhere and drop him in the kids club whilst we eat, although in not sure how the ages work for that, so perhaps she is too young.

3. No special nights like that in the MDR.

4. My understanding is that the menus can change from cruise to cruise.

5. I'm sure there are, but I don't have details.

6. Such tables are in brochures. In the UK we can view the brochures online.

At the top of the page click specifically on the Breakaway link, and any & all BA posts will be there. You can also search at the top of the page "food ****" and you should also get quite a few posts w/pics. I've noticed many of the reviewers on here post tons of pics which help the rest of us while we go thru cruise withdrawal....