Wine-by-the-glass and more drink questions

vinotinto

Does anyone have a list of the standard wines by the glass and beers we can expect to find? And do they have different choices in the Europe itineraries? We're sailing in the Spirit.

Also, what non-alcoholic beverages are included in UDP? I saw fresh OJ is not and "some Lavazza", what about fancy coffees?

First timers on NCL, so any help or tips with UDP is greatly appreciated!

Here is the Fleetwide Wine list which is pretty much what you can expect to get on the Spirit. (The prices may not be up to date, but with the UBP you won't notice, almost everything will be fully included.)

No fancy coffees (latte, cappuccino, etc.) are included in the UBP.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

If I decide to not get UBP, is it hard to get service at the bars? Would I have to pay cash for the drinks or could I run up a tab? Traveling with my kiddos so not sure how much I would drink. Thanks

No paying with cash anywhere on the ship (except for gambling and/or any cash tips you might choose to leave). You use your sign and sail card and everything is charged to your onboard account.

Can you upgrade to a better glass of wine paying the difference? New to ncl drink package
Which ship are you sailing on? The Escape has a wine bar with a larger selection of wines by the glass.

The rest of the fleet, there are not that many wines by the glass to choose from, and they are almost all under $15, so fully included in the UBP. If anything goes over $15, you can still order it and just pay the difference.

But if you are not satisfied by anything in the list, there is no way to "upgrade" to a better glass. You have to buy a full bottle of something better. You get a 20% discount off bottles with the UBP. Or you can bring your own wine on board for a corkage fee of $15/bottle.

Which ship are you sailing on? The Escape has a wine bar with a larger selection of wines by the glass.

The rest of the fleet, there are not that many wines by the glass to choose from, and they are almost all under $15, so fully included in the UBP. If anything goes over $15, you can still order it and just pay the difference.

But if you are not satisfied by anything in the list, there is no way to "upgrade" to a better glass. You have to buy a full bottle of something better. You get a 20% discount off bottles with the UBP. Or you can bring your own wine on board for a corkage fee of $15/bottle.

Thanks for the info! I am planning on the Escape. Wine is mostly what I drink so hope I can find something I like w/o bringing on a bottle. The corkage fee is reasonable but seems like I should try to make the plan work.

Ok, I can see how they can classify Veuve Clicquot as super premium (it not but I get it)...

They sell VC by the glass outside of Le Bistro on the Escape, and the price I have seen is $22.25 for a (regular size) glass. I assume you can order that under the UBP and get the $15 credit. But someone else who has sailed on the Escape needs to confirm this.

At Le Bistro, the prices I have seen are $9 for a small glass and $15 for a full glass, so those are promotional prices (and the small glass is a promotional serving size, too). You can try asking if they can ring up the regular price for the full glass and let you order it with the UBP.

Edited by hawkeyetlse