Handicap rooms on Emerald Princess

Id rather be diving

Good afternoon,

Can anyone tell me if the handicap balcony rooms on the Emerald have a ramp going to and from the balcony? We are just starting the need for booking handicap rooms. We looked at one on a Celebrity ship and it had a ramp to go out to the balcony which works great for my husband's scooter. But I've read somewhere that not all handicap rooms have this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Kari

My sister and I will be on the Emerald this summer in a handicapped balcony cabin. This is from Princess's website:

Wheelchair-Accessible Cabins

Today, the Princess fleet offers more than 350 wheelchair-accessible cabins. Each vessel features up to 31 accessible cabins, across a variety of stateroom categories. These rooms are designed for wheelchair maneuverability, with widened doorways into both the cabin and its bathroom; wheel-in showers, hand-held showerheads and bath distress alarms; as well as lowered closet railings, sinks, and handrails;
and removed or revamped thresholds.
Additional equipment is also available on request, such as toilet seat raisers, shower stools and bedboards.

This tells me that they are. We've never cruised Princess, but the other ships (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL) all had ramps going from the cabin to the balcony.

Make sure you check out the Disabled Cruise Travel under Special Interest Cruising on Cruise Critic. Lots of good information there.