Northeast/Canada Fall Cruise

seabreezer

My experience is that on luxury lines if the voyage is close to the USA and if it is during the non summer and holiday months it typically will have an overall average age that would be higher than some of the cruise you mentioned. With that said we have sailed with many people over the years who act younger than some who might be younger in physical age.

Keith

When we did a Canada/New England cruise, the guests were almost all from US/Canada - very few from Europe or Australia. Significant numbers of older guests, who were no longer willing to do intercontinental flights. Interestingly quite a few single men amongst them, which is not the normal pattern. But also quite a few in their 50s/60s (some traveling in groups with older parents), so the atmosphere was not that different to the average cruise.

We thought the trip to be mostly boring, except for Iceland. The wx was great in Iceland & Greenland but pretty much cold & damp otherwise. There were old folks (us) but not many walkers & scooters that you would see in warmer climes.

Edited by zqtchas
added "many"

We did this last September/October, from Montreal to NYC. Some of the Canadian ports aren't real interesting (IMHO, sorry to my northern neighbors) but we loved Quebec. Also fun to walk around Boston and Portland. Missed Newport due to winds but that was made up for a daylight sail through the canal. Sail into NYC was great except for the 6:30 a.m. commentary piped into the cabin which really surprised us.

Did not seem to be an overly older crowd, just the usual folks.

Melissa

Thanks for the honest feedback. Maybe we should wait a few years/decades! I just thought it looked like a pleasant, easy travel itinerary.

I learned something a long time ago. Don't put off until tomorrow that you can do today. It's your decision but why put it off.

This is such a nice itinerary and I am assuming you are on the younger side and the benefit is you can do a lot of walking and visit so much on your own with no shore excursions.

In the end figure out what works best for you. For us we want to do as much of these trips as we can while we are mobile.

Keith