Future Cruise Question Can I keep the onboard credit but rebook at better rate?

pdog1

I booked a future cruise on the last day on the ship and was able to get a credit for $150 for the next cruise that we booked. The reservation is now in AAA's hands but I saw the new WOW promotion would save me about a little. Does AAA have to cancel out my original booking to get the promo, and by doing so void the onboard credit I would have gotten?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

My understanding -

If the OBC is the OBC that you receive for making the booking on board then it should not be impacted by a reprice.

If the OBC was part of the "sale of the day" that was going on when you made the booking then it would be forfeited and replaced by the deal in place today when your reprice.

I booked a future cruise on the last day on the ship and was able to get a credit for $150 for the next cruise that we booked. The reservation is now in AAA's hands but I saw the new WOW promotion would save me about a little. Does AAA have to cancel out my original booking to get the promo, and by doing so void the onboard credit I would have gotten?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

If it is before final payment date for your cruise, you should not have to cancel your booking. If you cancel, you will lose the OBC. The agent should be able to get you the current price. You should not lose the OBC you got from booking on board.

Edited by clarea

The WOW sale was better than the BOGO...so we re-priced the b2b we booked a few weeks ago onboard the Oasis of the Seas. The $100 obc that future cruises gave us for each booking remained in full...they had to remove it to re-price our fares...then reinstated it for both weeks.