Aft Mini Suite vs B1 Balcony on Jade

aneka

Thinking about booking a Norway cruise on the Jade in 2017. We like the Aft cabins. We would like some opinions about booking either a B1 balcony on Deck 8,9,10 or a Mini Suite on Deck 11. Are any of these balconies bigger than the others? Do any of these balconies have loungers? The Mini Suites on Deck 11 are below the Great Outdoors Area. Is there any noise because of this? Is there a cabin spreadsheet for the Jewel class ships?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thinking about booking a Norway cruise on the Jade in 2017. We like the Aft cabins. We would like some opinions about booking either a B1 balcony on Deck 8,9,10 or a Mini Suite on Deck 11. Are any of these balconies bigger than the others? Do any of these balconies have loungers? The Mini Suites on Deck 11 are below the Great Outdoors Area. Is there any noise because of this? Is there a cabin spreadsheet for the Jewel class ships?

Thanks for your thoughts!

If there are just two of you then you are probably better off with the B1.

We stayed in one of the Aft Mini Suites on the Jade a couple of years ago, and have booked the same cabin again for next Summer. It is possibly our favourite non suite room that we have stayed in on any NCL ship. However, we sail with our son, and that is why we prefer Mini Suites on the Jewel ships, as accessing the balcony is tricky in a balcony room when the sofa bed is used.

If we didn't have that restriction then we would probably get a B1 in preference. The main reason is because I understand that the balcony itself is bigger on the lower decks and you do have the distance between you and the Great Outdoors. The balcony size on the Mini Suites is about the same as for the standard Mini Suites.

Having said that, we heard very little noise from the Great Outdoors. Just one evening, we heard some bass from what seemed to be above, but when I went up there to see there was nothing, so it must have come from elsewhere.

We liked having such easy access to the buffet and pool deck, especially as we usually have breakfast in the buffet, so the Minis are an ideal location for us. For others, being that bit lower may be better.

Basically, I don't think you can really go wrong if you are Aft on these ships. If a family then the extra space of the Mini Suite is probably an advantage, but for a couple a Balcony should do fine, and the balcony itself may be bigger. I believe that there are differences between the balcony sizes on each deck but others will know more than me on that.

Thank you KeithJenner for your reply. It will be just two of us on this cruise. I may also be better off on a lower deck as I have been known to have some issues with sea sickness.

Hope someone knows if the balconies are bigger on one deck or the other. Is there a cabin spreadsheet for the Jewel class ships?

Thanks again!

If you do an Internet search for "Norwegian Jade aft balcony" then there are quite a few pictures of the back of the ship which may help. Also try the search for Jewel, pearl and gem as they are all the same.

From memory there are some pictures that give an idea of the sizes.

If you do an Internet search for "Norwegian Jade aft balcony" then there are quite a few pictures of the back of the ship which may help. Also try the search for Jewel, pearl and gem as they are all the same.

From memory there are some pictures that give an idea of the sizes.

We're going to be in Jade aft balcony cabin. What kind of coffee maker/coffee is provided?