Ovation of the Seas maiden voyage

A friend of mine was booked on Ovation's maiden voyage out of Southampton, this April, with friends, for a special birthday.

Only now it's not the maiden - RCI have slipped in another cruise ahead of it, and they've changed the ports and the cabin they had booked. My friend is not happy, but when she complained she was simply told to change to another cruise. Not so easy when she has booked the cruise for school holidays and arranged for family to look after her children.

So she tried asking for a gesture in compensation - extra OBC, an upgrade or similar, but was met with a blank refusal.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any advice on what she might do to get RCI to listen to her?

She should be happy...the maiden voyage usually has lots of "glitches", with service and mechanics....

They owe her nothing...

She took the possible maiden glitches into account when booking.

They have changed her cabin and the itinerary - she is not getting the cruise she paid for.

The cruise she is booked on hasn't changed, it is just not the first one anymore.

They've changed her cabin (not upgraded) without any consultation and, I think, changed the itinerary. Plus she does not have the "kudos" of being on the maiden voyage (although I don't think that was much of a factor anyway).

They've changed her cabin (not upgraded) without any consultation and, I think, changed the itinerary. Plus she does not have the "kudos" of being on the maiden voyage (although I don't think that was much of a factor anyway).

The itinerary, as already stated, has not changed. It is still on the same date, to the same ports... Unless she knows something nobody else knows!

Sadly, this is NOT the only time (and it will not be the last) that additional cruises have been added prior to ones sold as the 'maiden voyage'. It happened twice to people booked on Harmony - first cruise was listed as 7th June out of Barcelona, then it was changed to 29th May from Southampton... and then 2 cruises were added in front of that one!

With regards to her cabin, that is disappointing and I hope she can get it rectified.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife