Golden Princess Entertainment/Cruise Director

jennbk28

Hello..

I am going on the Golden Repo cruise from NYC to San Juan on Oct 22nd. I was wondering if anyone has just come off that ship and has any idea who the entertainment is (provided they are staying on for my cruise), and who the current cruise director is.

Thanks so much,

Jenn

We returned from the Golden Princess cruise to New England/Canada on Oct. 8. Some of the entertainment we really enjoyed and some we didn't care for at all. I am sure that everyone has different likes and dislikes and you can't make everyone happy. There was a comedian who performed on two different nights that we thought was extremely funny. I wish I had kept my Princess Patter copies so I could tell you his name. My favorite was a male singer who performed on Sunday night. I really enjoyed his act. He sang music from the forties to the present and played the trumpet. He told us that he was leaving the ship the next day to go back to Las Vegas. We also enjoyed Philippa Healey who sang in one of the lounges. She was excellent! The only part of the entertainment that we didn't like were the stage shows in the theater. We aren't really hard to please, but thought that the shows were amateurish and boring. We actually left both stage shows in the middle of the performance. I am sure that some people would disagree. The only other cruise that we have been on was the Norwegian Star to Alaska last year. We only had that cruise to compare to and thought that the entertainment on the Star was much superior to the Golden...especially the stage shows.

Archived