Price Drop After Booking

lhpfish185

I booked about a month ago for a sailing on the Escape the Week of April 30 - May 7, 2016 and have seen a significant price drop on the balcony staterooms. It dropped another $150.00 today, and is now a total of $250 cheaper than when I booked the cruise. I booked on the last day of the 2 free at sea promotion, then the promo was reinstated about a week later. In hindsight, I'll put in notice for vacation at work then wait until the week of to book!

Anyways I am still looking forward to the cruise and think the value is there either way. I might just have to make up for it in UBP damages! Has anyone been in this position before where prices dropped significantly and NCL went above and beyond to offer OBC or an upgrade?

When we went on our Mediterranean cruise on the Jade, prices continued to drop after I booked a balcony cabin. I called each time (3 different occasions) and eventually ended up with OBC and a Aft Penthouse suite for no additional cost...beware - the Suite Life can be very addicting (as all good things!);)

Your thread prompted me to take a peek at the second leg of our upcoming May b2b. May 21st Escape. There has been a price drop + pick 2 vs just the free UBP we had. We are at 80-something days so no penalty yet. Had my TA call. Saved $349 + scored the SDP in addition to UBP. SCORE!

So to the OP, I want to send a special thanks for the nudge. Hope you can get a little sprinkle in your favor, too. Never ever hurts to ask. Let NCL tell you no. :)

I think I'll wait a little while before I call and keep watching the prices. The balcony for this weeks cruise is down to 698, so I'm sure we'll drop some more. Its probably going to be a slower week for them, schools aren't out just yet and it's graduation time - one of the reasons we picked this time LESS KIDS!

It'd be nice to get an OBC or an upgrade to spa. I'll keep watching still lots of time!

My cabins had dropped by over $400 for a Jade sailing from Houston. I was on the phone when my TA called NCL to see if there was anything that could be done (I just really wanted any connecting rooms on the ship). NCL rep was borderline rude and offered nothing at all. Basically, I had an inside room (what I paid) for almost the price of a balcony (current cost). He said there was nothing he could do unless I wanted to pay $800 to upgrade to the balcony. No concession from NCL at all.

Edited by csss31399

I booked via a website TA and when I noticed the prices dropped quite a bit and better promos as well. Today I saw the price of when I booked a guaranteed balcony and the price today of a spa balcony was $100 from the original price I paid. I asked if I could pay the $100 difference for the spa balcony and get that. They let me pay and get it and also they gave me pick 2 instead of pick 1. So while I did lay out $200 more I feel I got the value by getting the spa and the free shore excursion added.

I am on that cruise 4/30 and I upgraded yesterday and saw today the price dropped 300 dollars Which is cheaper then the inside I booked on Friday When I upgraded yesterday I was at 2794 for a balcony When I booked I pad 2497 for a inside cabin for 4 ppl I called and first got a very rude person that told me they couldn't do anything called back and asked for a supervisor she was very nice and refunded my cc 300 dollars Give it a try Does anyone know if he drops again if I should try calling again I would even take obc

I think I'll wait a little while before I call and keep watching the prices. The balcony for this weeks cruise is down to 698, so I'm sure we'll drop some more. Its probably going to be a slower week for them, schools aren't out just yet and it's graduation time - one of the reasons we picked this time LESS KIDS!

It'd be nice to get an OBC or an upgrade to spa. I'll keep watching still lots of time!

$698 for a balcony the third week of Feb. Wow that's a great price. Which ship and port is this for?

Just yesterday I noticed that the guarantee balcony price was now a bit cheaper than what I paid for my inside cabin for my Getaway cruise in May. I just made my final payment on Monday.

My travel agent called them and they upgraded us to a balcony for no extra charge! :)

So its always worth it to call and ask!

I booked via a website TA and when I noticed the prices dropped quite a bit and better promos as well. Today I saw the price of when I booked a guaranteed balcony and the price today of a spa balcony was $100 from the original price I paid. I asked if I could pay the $100 difference for the spa balcony and get that. They let me pay and get it and also they gave me pick 2 instead of pick 1. So while I did lay out $200 more I feel I got the value by getting the spa and the free shore excursion added.

Did you have to deal with the website TA or were you able to deal with NCL directly?

The prices on my sailing (Dawn 4/10/16) have dropped twice since I booked in December. Paid $849 for an obstructed OV (OK cat), got 2 choice of 2 promos on original booking. 1st price drop moved to an equivalent priced OV non-obstructed, then today, balconies were dropped to $849 and upgraded to balcony on deck 10 (BB cat) for no additional cost. I've been told you can upgrade to an equivalent priced stateroom until 30 days out. Then I'm going to wait until a couple of weeks out and start checking on upsell deals and see what I can do. There are still a ton of cabins in every category on our sailing. If you get someone who is rude or says no, call back and speak to someone different.

We're on the POA sailing of 05/14 and as soon as I saw the prices drop this week, I gave them a call. The rep told me she couldn't do anything because the only reason why the overall price of the cabin was cheaper than when I booked was because now 3rd and 4th passengers were free. She said I would have to cancel and rebook. Bummer! I think I might give it one more try anyway.

I booked an inside cabin on deck 11 end of January because it was supposed to be the end of the promo. Needless to say the promo continued and the prices have been going down. The price dropped $150 per person and I call my PCC and he got me $75 OBC. Tried to get OV obstructed which is now the same price I paid for inside and they want to give me a Guarantee OV and take away $25 of my OBC. There are still lots of OV cabins available. Customer service doesn't want to keep loyal customers. They also wouldn't give my the second promo because that is only for new reservations. Has anyone else noticed this? I am only a silver member but thinking of trying someone else. Are all lines going this way?

Well, this was my experience tonight. We are booked with a TA so I called them. We were booked in a family balcony category which is sold out. The only balcony categories that aren't sold out are the "guarantee balcony", "balcony", and "large balcony" which is a higher price than we paid. The 2 lower categories are at least $300 pp less than what we paid. There is also the guarantee mini-suite for less than we paid. The TA called NCL and first said that they couldn't do anything because our specific category was sold out. Fine, that makes sense. I told him the mini-suite was cheaper and he said NCL said that the price listed is not actually available for booking. I did a mock booking and told him it sure is available. He went back to them and then they told him that if we upgraded to a mini-suite we would lose our pick 2 promo and any other promos we had because the pick 2 is not available within 30 days of sailing. Wrong again (some of the ships don't have the 30 day restriction). I told him I did a mock booking and they are available. Apparently NCL had hung up on him by that point so he called back and they put him on with a manager. I was worried we would lose the free 50 photos we had if we upgraded since that isn't available anymore. After almost an hour total, he finally came back and said we could get a guarantee mini-suite and keep all of our promos. I would have preferred to keep our original balcony and get onboard credit, but that was not in the cards. I'll take the free upgrade, but I don't know why it took them 3 tries and almost an hour to get their facts straight about what was available and what wasn't. I'm not complaining, just wanted to share the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, finally...I have been searching for this thread to ask all you smart people a question!

We are booked on the Getaway on March 27 (3 weeks out, past final payment). We only booked a few weeks ago, but the price of our balcony has already dropped $100pp. I was just wondering when y'all advise calling to see if anything can be done (upgrade, OBC, etc). I figured $100 wasn't a HUGE price drop, so I didn't know if I should wait for a bigger price drop or closer to the sail date. I actually didn't even know this was a thing until I saw this thread as I have never done it before! Thanks for all your help in advance! :)

I ended up calling NCL to get my cabin # for my guarantee balcony for the April 30 Escape Sailing. I mentioned the price drop and how the balcony we booked was now the cost of the mini suite. She checked our reservation and we had already been upgraded to a mid ship minisuite! Works for us, however part of me wanted to ask for the difference in OBC so we could get spa passes. We are going to wait a few more weeks then call 30 days out to see if there is a possibility of upgrading to a spa balcony or a haven suite.