when are the R2->TK dry docks for each ship?

rols

Searching the board I see that Quest is the first, end of April 2016, for a dry dock and conversion of R2 to the new TK outlet .. and the return of the Colonnade to a daily casual venue. I assume that's in Monaco.

Are there dates for the other two ships' dry dock schedules? I can't find them thus far. Working through the itineraries looking for 'holes' is fairly tricky.

Soujourn has a small 5-day gap in May 2016, also in Monaco.

Odyssey doesn't have a 1-week gap in Monaco until May 2017, seems a bit far away.

Anyone have the real dates?

Edited by rols
inability to spell the word 'dates'

I think Seabourn usually does their dry docks in Genoa (or that is my understanding from talking to the crew). That's not an attractive passenger embarkation/disembarkation port however so the trick is to look for the Mediterranean gap (and one that isn't a charter).

Its amazing what they can get done in a few short days... with all crew on hand (and no passengers to service), everyone puts on coveralls and gets pressed into service in some form or fashion. I was on Odyssey in 2014 right after a dry dock and the crew had some interesting tales of what they'd be assigned to help with. One told me he was relieved to have passengers back as it was less work!

I think Seabourn usually does their dry docks in Genoa (or that is my understanding from talking to the crew). That's not an attractive passenger embarkation/disembarkation port however so the trick is to look for the Mediterranean gap (and one that isn't a charter).

Its amazing what they can get done in a few short days... with all crew on hand (and no passengers to service), everyone puts on coveralls and gets pressed into service in some form or fashion. I was on Odyssey in 2014 right after a dry dock and the crew had some interesting tales of what they'd be assigned to help with. One told me he was relieved to have passengers back as it was less work!

Well the dates for Quest seem to be known and the ship finishes in, and re-starts in, Monaco around that so I looked for med gaps around Monaco. Since Genoa is only 90 miles away it's quite possible they hot foot it up there and then back again.

Looking for med gaps is what I tried, hence my suggestion for Sojourn. I don't however find one for Odyssey, or there is one but it looked more like a charter as it went from somewhere nowhere near Monaco to somewhere else not very near there either. The first one I found for Odyssey was 2017.

Hence I was hoping someone might have the actual schedule.

Well the dates for Quest seem to be known and the ship finishes in, and re-starts in, Monaco around that so I looked for med gaps around Monaco. Since Genoa is only 90 miles away it's quite possible they hot foot it up there and then back again.

Looking for med gaps is what I tried, hence my suggestion for Sojourn. I don't however find one for Odyssey, or there is one but it looked more like a charter as it went from somewhere nowhere near Monaco to somewhere else not very near there either. The first one I found for Odyssey was 2017.

Hence I was hoping someone might have the actual schedule.

.. and the Odyssey 'gap' dates has it arriving 9th July 2016 in Piraeus and leaving a week later on the 16th July 2016 from Venice. That was the one looked more like a charter to me but I have no idea. The next gap isn't until it arrives in Monaco on 29th April 2017 and leaves one week later.

So it it July 2016 or is Odyssey not getting any love until April 2017?

Edited by rols
can't spell Monaco either

ooh I hope it's the 9th then she'll be all sparkly when we get on on the 16th :D

Well don't mess it up if it is - we're on 2 weeks after you .. assuming our TA dots the last 'i' and crosses the last 't' tomorrow morning.

I rather doubt it is actually - I suspect Odyssey isn't seeing the renovation until this time next year. Which means we'll still have R2 to go to, and we quite like it.

And of course where you get on is also all dependent on whether we are allowed to dock in Istanbul. I am glad Seabourn are holding out but just hope they don't cave in just when the price of all the flights from elsewhere goes up!

Don't worry, rols, we'll look after her for you although I can't promise there will be much champagne left :D

Edited by Techno123

You might find the Sojourn gap coincides with the Monaco grand Prix. I believe it gets chartered by Ferrari.

Henry :)

It does coincide - so that's that one explained, 5 day seemed a little short anyway. So it seems only Quest is going to get the R2 conversion any time soon, the other two ships will be sharing the Colonnade with the TK menu for some time to come.

Oh well - it's all good - we like R2 anyway and there's still one menu we've never managed to have there, so we'll try again this time.