stingrays & tiki beach combo

Secondtime cruiser

• 2 months later...

We just returned from our Liberty of the Seas cruise. We took the ship excursion to Stingray City and then to Tikki Beach for lunch and beach time. The stingrays are awesome and so worth the trip! However...... Tikki beach on seven mile beach was the most unfriendly place I have ever encountered. Ever. We got off the bus and were not even greeted, not a word or a smile, just pointed where to go. The food was typical hamburger or hotdog and not too bad as far as it goes, but the server was surly, the cook wouldn't look at us much less speak, we went to the bar to use our "drink" coupons and were sent to another place beside the bar for a watered down tropical punch tasting...drink. The beach was very narrow and rocky. The water temp was great but I didn't see any fish and not very many shells, mostly small bits of coral. Most of us were ready to go long before the bus left. We were told we could leave but would have to take a taxi. I am not that picky, really. Excursions are hit or miss and most have good things about them. This one did also. I had a blast at Stingray City and would go back for sure, but I would never willingly go to that beach ever again. Perhaps they just don't like cruise ship passengers.

Edited by MimiKiwi

We just returned from our Liberty of the Seas cruise. We took the ship excursion to Stingray City and then to Tikki Beach for lunch and beach time. The stingrays are awesome and so worth the trip! However...... Tikki beach on seven mile beach was the most unfriendly place I have ever encountered. Ever. We got off the bus and were not even greeted, not a word or a smile, just pointed where to go. The food was typical hamburger or hotdog and not too bad as far as it goes, but the server was surly, the cook wouldn't look at us much less speak, we went to the bar to use our "drink" coupons and were sent to another place beside the bar for a watered down tropical punch tasting...drink. The beach was very narrow and rocky. The water temp was great but I didn't see any fish and not very many shells, mostly small bits of coral. Most of us were ready to go long before the bus left. We were told we could leave but would have to take a taxi. I am not that picky, really. Excursions are hit or miss and most have good things about them. This one did also. I had a blast at Stingray City and would go back for sure, but I would never willingly go to that beach ever again. Perhaps they just don't like cruise ship passengers.

I have to agree...we did that excursion...was amazed how poor the lunch was and we are not picky. You are correct about the surliness of the workers. Would not endorse this excursion at all.

Perhaps they just don't like cruise ship passengers.

That's really short-sighted of them. As far as I can tell, the vast majority of at least their daytime business is cruise ship business. Maybe they think that since they've signed their contract with the cruise lines there's no need to do anything more?