What Changes Would You Like NCL To Make?

cruzeluver

Time to trade that box for Apple's current technology focus - an iPOD :D

But, I still don't see anything there - do you?

C'mon now. I received a computer for my 65th birthday (some years back),

and and am just getting accustomed to this eMac, after having an iMac for several (or more) years!

I don't want any kind of pod, unless it is growing in my garden -

So, tell me, what was I supposed to do or see on BuddyGus's post?

:confused: :confused:

Oh, please, no deck chairs on the promenade deck! It's hard enough to walk/run with the groups of people blithely yakking away while completely blocking everyone else's passage!

I can just imagine how the it's-my-cruise-and-I'll-do-what-I-want-so-go-to-heck-everyone-else crowd (no one posting here, I'm certain) would scatter their chairs across the deck, and then those of us trying to run would be COMPLETELY out of luck.

It would be great if the tracks were deeper and we could put chairs on the promenade behind a railing or something--and even better if there were a separate track for serious exercisers--but it's a ship with limited space.

Shoreguy:

Thank You - That made my day and then some!

My physcian just told me that a good belly laugh was a good thing every day - keeps the old cardio vascular thing going!!

I owe you big time, my sides still ache.

SailAways :D

Oh, please, no deck chairs on the promenade deck! It's hard enough to walk/run with the groups of people blithely yakking away while completely blocking everyone else's passage!

I can just imagine how the it's-my-cruise-and-I'll-do-what-I-want-so-go-to-heck-everyone-else crowd (no one posting here, I'm certain) would scatter their chairs across the deck, and then those of us trying to run would be COMPLETELY out of luck.

It would be great if the tracks were deeper and we could put chairs on the promenade behind a railing or something--and even better if there were a separate track for serious exercisers--but it's a ship with limited space.

Okay, I'll give up my Promonade deck chair if it will make things easier for the joggers. You know this will mean that I'll have to book a balcony cabin now though, don't you!;)

That's an idea - chairs behind a railing or fixed in position so they could not be moved to interfere with joggers. I thought that generally along the bulkheads of the promenade deck (on port and starboard but not at the ends) (at least on the Sun) there was lots of space that could be used for chairs). Joggers would still have plenty of room and can't use most of this space anyway - since equipment and other things jut into it. They could have the "outer" part of the deck. "Sitters" could have the 'inner' part.

I haven't even been on an NCL yet, but have a few things I'd like to see....

1. I want a "smoothie card" for us adults. I don't drink and I doubt my teenage dd can actually drink 20 of those herself from that coupon book in just an 8 day cruise.

2. We're going to end up packing A LOT for the 6 of us. A self serve laundry would reduce my packing. Think they can take care of that for me by January? ;)

3. Oh, free Wi-Fi access!

I'm easy to please though, and these would never keep me from booking a vacation.

Promenade means taking a stroll (I think). There is a deck for jogging on just about every cruise ship. The P. deck should NOT be used for jogging, some of them even say so.

I just looked up promenade......A leisurely walk.

There are a lot of "Older " people that like to stroll and sit on the P. deck.

Promenade means taking a stroll (I think). There is a deck for jogging on just about every cruise ship. The P. deck should NOT be used for jogging, some of them even say so.

Exactly right. In the days of trans-Atlantic crossings on the grand old ships, the first thing passengers did after boarding was reserve their deck chairs on the promenade deck (which was lined with them from bridge to stern), where they sat bundled up in blankets, sipping bouillon and watching fellow passengers stroll by. Don't think they had art auctions, bingo, or trivia contests back then.

AngelsX4 -- just share your daugher's smoothie coupons. We don't drink alcohol, but loved the smoothies and virgin cocktails. You can't use the coupons for anything with alcohol, but you should be able to use the coupons for yourself without any problem.

When we took our kids on their first cruise, they were actually over the age limit for the teen program, but they sold us the "teen passport" coupons anyway. I've read that you can't pre-order them without a qualifying passenger, but once on board the ship they didn't even question who the coupons were for.

I agree, a better website, with real time information, to help the overworked CS staff.

It appears NCL is going to make its mark in Hawaii and New York City, but it would be nice to have a ship year round in Miami too.

In the next few years it appears Boston will be getting a newer larger ship, as is Charleston, New Orleans, and Houston as the older ships are transferred to Star Cruises. There is a good possibility that New York City and Los Angeles will see newer newer ships too.

I nix the idea of shorter cruises, but would like to see more 10-11 day cruises for Houston....

I agree wholeheartedly that NCL's website needs a major overhaul! Here's what I'd love to see on their website:

1.) Realtime booking of Shore Excursions with automatic confirmation of availablity and confirmation of reservation

2.) Realtime ordering of Bon Voyage gifts, Bar Setups, Soda Cards, etc., with automatic confirmation of order.

Both of the above would cut down on unnecessary phone calls to CS, would reduce the sometimes horrendous "on-hold" time, and would ensure that any errors on the order could be seen immediately and corrected long in advance of the cruise.

3.) Interactive Deckplans, which would operate in every field, including the online cruise search. Click on the cabin and see full details including a photo, size, layout, capacity, and full list of amenities. These should be available for every category, and should be thoroughly descriptive.

This would allow the consumers AND the Travel Agents to finally have complete information and descriptions of each category, instead of the nebulous and incomplete information currently available. It would also serve as a reference source for the NCL staff - some of whom have absolutely NO IDEA what's the difference between an AB and an AC, except that there's an extra room in the AB! Some also have absolutely no idea what ammenities are available for the various categories. A clearinghouse of complete information is needed.

4.) Bridgecam images from every ship in the fleet, updated for real every 10 or fifteen minutes.

Believe it or not this could actually allow folks to determine when to head to the pier, based on embarkation-day images. Besides - they're fun to watch! :D

I'll think of more, but this is too long already! :eek:

Oh and one more thing! Shoreguy's suggestion of an IMMEDIATE script for all Customer Service personnel, to inform them of any current events, any changes of itinerary, or any out-of-the-ordinary items! There is way too much confusion, or simple lack of information dissemination, which ultimately frustrates their staff, as well as the consumer! This info is mandatory for NCL staff, but much of it could also be broadcast via NCL's website, which would also cut down on phone traffic!

I'm not really sure if I count. I've never even cruised before :) . However, my fiance and I will be going on the Jewel in December for our honeymoon.

I think that NCL's website has got to be the most unattractive website I've seen out of all the big name cruise lines! I wish they would look at the websites of Princess CL and Celebrity CL and try to incorporate a similar style. I was also amazed that you can't really book your shore excursions online. You have to print a form and either mail it or fax it to them. No offense, but this is 2005!

It seem to me that a fully functioning website, including bon voyage gifts, shore excursions and reservations would help the most. Yes I understand about a good TA but a fully functioning website would make it easier for the TA too and not rely on a good CS that the TA has. Also it would allow better training and better responses by the CSR's at the same time. This shouldn't be instead of the TA's but a better way to do routine kinds of things. It would allow the CSR's to concentrate on real problem solving.

Some people find it easier to use the internet some don't don't. By having such an internet available it would make it easier.

Shorter cruises can only be done by moving the ships to Florida. Its hard to do shorter cruises from NY or the the Northeast- especially in the winter.

The shorter cruises tend to be more the drinking crowd. I personally agree with not allowing people to bring liquor aboard as those that do tend(not all) to drink to excess. Charging for booze limits the drinking to some extent.

so right, better website info would make it so much easier for us TAs as well as everyone else. NMNita

I haven't even been on an NCL yet, but have a few things I'd like to see....

1. I want a "smoothie card" for us adults. I don't drink and I doubt my teenage dd can actually drink 20 of those herself from that coupon book in just an 8 day cruise.

2. We're going to end up packing A LOT for the 6 of us. A self serve laundry would reduce my packing. Think they can take care of that for me by January? ;)

3. Oh, free Wi-Fi access!

I'm easy to please though, and these would never keep me from booking a vacation.

What ship are you sailing? Many do have self service laundry and others offer a great laundry service about 1/2 or 3/4 way through the cruise. NMNita

On every NCL I've been on, the promenade deck is the designated jogging deck.

Perhaps someone who's familiar with the entire NCL fleet (shoreguy, baby, I'm lookin' at you) can correct me if I'm wrong?

On every NCL I've been on, the promenade deck is the designated jogging deck.

Perhaps someone who's familiar with the entire NCL fleet (shoreguy, baby, I'm lookin' at you) can correct me if I'm wrong?

Sorry - jogging track was on Deck 13 on the Jewel. No cabins below.

And BTW they had chairs and loungers in various areas around the PD on the Jewel as well - I guess they heard some of you

79660618_JewelTAJog.jpg.d94d830571540d3388758509362ea850.jpg

Thanks, shoreguy; you're always the most knowledgeable person on these boards! You should start a "Martini Clinic with Shoreguy" hour. I'd come for the info at least.

Nothing to be sorry about--like I said in my original post at 1:48, having a separate jogging track for real exercisers is the best solution. I'm glad at least some NCL ships have it, including the Jewel, which I can't wait to try next month.

As for the other NCL ships in which the designated jogging track IS the promenade deck....thanks in advance, everyone, for not putting your chairs across my path!

I spend a lot of time on the promenade deck. It has one of the best unobstructed views on most ships plus you're away from that mass at the pool area.

I do see some joggers out there but never enough to justify using all that prime deck area just to benefit such a small percentage of the passengers. I believe it would get much more use with some deck chairs and benefit more people. Even some park like benches would be a big improvement. Make all the new ships like the jewel and maybe put some benches along the wall on the PD's of the older ships to satisfy both.

I'm old. I'd love to have a place to sit in an area with less people to enjoy the ocean in peace but still be able to people watch.

I would like someone at NCL read this forum and write answers to the questions asked repeatedly here on their web site. You'd be surprised how often the same questions and answers are given here.

For example, they don't mention at all on their web site issues such as corkage fees, bar setups fees, nor post fleet-wide menus and speciality restaurants menus.

There's a lot of info they could easily give, that we could provide links to them as the official answer. Golly, there are web sites with Quicktime VR 360° views of state rooms and public rooms on the net, but not on theirs.

NCL Freestyle Cruising concept works best when everything is out in the open. Secrecy, at least not providing sufficient answers at their web site FAQ pages, doesn't empower their customers.

Archived