NCL Escape Review on the Solo Studio Cabins

travelady65

Yes i am going to be travelling on the NCL Escape on September 10, 2016...and i am going to be staying in Studio Cabin 11503... I was wondering if any body has stayed in the solo cabins, could give me some input on them...

I would like to know is there a salon type hairdryer in the room or will i have to bring my own?

I will be bringing a 28" piece of luggage with me....will my luggage fit underneath the bed?

Does the room have drawer space for clothing or just cubby space?

I know that the room is only 100 square feet, but was it comforable to be in...I normally only use my room to shower, dress, and sleep...

I have the prom UBP/UDP..... can i buy drinks in the Studio lounge....like wine, or a cocktail?

Any input about these studio cabins would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,

I have stayed in studios on both Epic and Getaway. The last time I didn't have a hairdryer but I think there should of been, it was no big deal as i had took my own. Its a double bed so plenty of room to store your case underneath.

There's two small wardrobes for clothes, a few shelves an a little cupboard! I had plenty of storage space and it seemed very well designed.

I loved the studio, yeah it's small but it did me for what I wanted it for. I literally just slept and showered there. You can see the bed from the shower and it's hard to shut the loo door as it's quite a small toilet, so long as you put your do not disturb light on you will be fine.

Yes you can get drinks in the studio lounge, only for a few hours during the evening meet up which is arranged by the solo host!

Edited by DiamondGirl83

From what I understand, the Escape solo lounge does not have a bar - it has a self serve wine machine that is NOT included in the UBP. Not sure if it has other drinks available.

This is all true and no other drinks available.

I hope the solo cruise coordinator is better than ours; he seemed like it was a bother to be there. Very poor. Didn't really interact with the people and did not seem interested in helping with reservations etc. Definitely had his own agenda.

Not sure if it was just him or how NCL is moving toward the solo experience, i.e. no bar in solo lounge because of the cost (this straight from the coordinator's talk). I am sure it is for the solo cruisers convenience. :rolleyes:

However, meeting others in the solo experience/lounge is great!

I have used the Studio cabin on the Getaway in the past and the Escape next month.

Self serve drinks are not covered under the drink package. I believe that's all that is available on the Escape. Food and coffee (good coffee machine) is free.

I had a hairdryer on the Getaway.

A reasonable sized bag should fit under your bed. I unpacked my suitcases and stored my bag under the bed...no problem. Plenty of drawers and closet space.

Desk is small and would be difficult to use....other than that, no issues with the space. I also liked that there were plenty of outlets in this room.

The space was perfect for me and the bed was comfortable.

• 1 month later...
Yes i am going to be travelling on the NCL Escape on September 10, 2016...and i am going to be staying in Studio Cabin 11503... I was wondering if any body has stayed in the solo cabins, could give me some input on them...

I would like to know is there a salon type hairdryer in the room or will i have to bring my own?

I will be bringing a 28" piece of luggage with me....will my luggage fit underneath the bed?

Does the room have drawer space for clothing or just cubby space?

I know that the room is only 100 square feet, but was it comforable to be in...I normally only use my room to shower, dress, and sleep...

I have the prom UBP/UDP..... can i buy drinks in the Studio lounge....like wine, or a cocktail?

Any input about these studio cabins would be greatly appreciated...

I did not have a hair dryer on the getaway but a quick phone call to my room attendant and i had one within 5 minutes. I have done two solos on the getaway once in a studio and once in an inside. The studio was by far better. Super quiet and bigger bed for a few reasons.