Overwhelmed Newbie

kzengineer

Thanks again all! We are about to pull the trigger on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda on July 31. Alaska will have to wait until next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We'll be taking that cruise this coming May. One thing about Bermuda to consider - it's in the hurricane zone. July 31 is in the early part of the season so you should be OK.

We'll be taking that cruise this coming May. One thing about Bermuda to consider - it's in the hurricane zone. July 31 is in the early part of the season so you should be OK.

Yes, you are correct....but hurricane season is June to November. That is 6 months out of the year everywhere. If no one cruised during those 6 months, the industry would not survive. I think July is the most traveled month out of the year for the cruise lines. Bermuda does not get hit nearly as often as the Caribbean.

Great that you booked Bermuda, it's lovely. I was also going to say Alaska is more expensive because it costs extra to do all the things you would want to do, dog sledding, glacier hikes, whale watching, etc. That is all on top of the cruise price. In the Caribbean or Bermuda, you can just go to the beach. Welcome to cruising! :D

We booked the cruise for July 24! We were able to get an A2 for what I thought was a great price! I am so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am soooo excited for you. Do you have a printer? If so, print these two pages out.http://www.gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAndBrochures/SubContent/HR%20Map_JUNE2013_web.pdf

DO NOT book any excursions on the cruise line. This is the ONE ISLAND you can do EVERYTHING on your own. You cannot get lost. You buy bus/ferry passes and you can go and do anything. You cannot get lost....it is IMPOSSIBLE....LOL So much research....so little time. :D:D:D

Edited by champagne123
vvvvvvv