Carnival Gift Card Purchase

RCmommy

Great. I am going to check these options out!

So, just to verify....I can use the Carnival gift cards to pay our final payment correct? If I have some left I can add them to our onboard account to use while cruising?

Great. I am going to check these options out!

So, just to verify....I can use the Carnival gift cards to pay our final payment correct? If I have some left I can add them to our onboard account to use while cruising?

Yes. And just so you know I have bought the Carnival Gift Cards through Newegg when Amex was running a special so they are legit. I do all my payments and onboard spending exclusively with Gift Cards.

Let me know what you end up doing!

Yes. And just so you know I have bought the Carnival Gift Cards through Newegg when Amex was running a special so they are legit. I do all my payments and onboard spending exclusively with Gift Cards.

Let me know what you end up doing!

I just did a search for the gift cards on Newegg and search results are zero.

I have found the gift cards on ebay via Paypal gifts. It says the code is emailed. Is there a spot on the Carnival website when logged in to apply the code or must I call to CCL?

I have found the gift cards on ebay via Paypal gifts. It says the code is emailed. Is there a spot on the Carnival website when logged in to apply the code or must I call to CCL?

You can apply them online under payments, but I always call. I think there is a limit of 6 at a time when doing it online.

Edited by firemanbobswife

and then I read the fine print on ebay.... :(:(:(

"To purchase a gift card ("Digital Gift") from the PayPal Digital Gifts store ("Store") you must have a valid U.S. PayPal account."

:eek: Did you try the link I posted?

I did and the link works. The gift cards are available on .com but not .ca. I was able to register as a member and add one to my cart but as soon as I try to pay via my paypal account it tells me the payment method is not available to me. (I guess it knows it is a CAD account even though I have USD funds)

Edited by RCmommy

I did and the link works. The gift cards are available on .com but not .ca. I was able to register as a member and add one to my cart but as soon as I try to pay via my paypal account it tells me the payment method is not available to me. (I guess it knows it is a CAD account even though I have USD funds)

Well, darn.

My husband just found a thread on the CCL forum that people are discussing that Canadians cannot buy the gift gards. One theory is that it is illegal to sell gift cards with a monetary value with an expiry date.