Questions about upcoming trip on NCL Dawn

albee

We are sailing out on the Dawn 3/27/16 and I'm hoping someone can fill me in on a couple questions I have. While we cruise frequently we aren't particularly "brand" loyal. I like cruising too much to be picky when a good deal comes along so I forget the details of each cruise line :D.

1) I plan on bring a few bottles of water and a couple bottles of Coke Zero when we board in NOLA. Can I bring additional bottles onboard when we port or do I need to bring my total supply on embarkment?

2) I can't remember from our past NCL cruise what people actually wore at dinner. I know that the Le Bistro and one of the MDR is more the RCCL style dress code (pants or dress). Are there a fair number of passengers wearing shorts or jeans in the other dining locations? I'd like to forgo buying several pairs of dockers for my 13 year old son (who will outgrow them in a week) if he isn't going to stick out like a sore thumb at dinner.

3) Are men's sandals (not flip flops) appropriate footwear for the MDR?

4) We are doing the stop in Belize since the NCL island isn't open yet. I can not tell from the excursion descriptions if any of them pick up at the ship vs having to take the tender and then board water taxi. Anyone know?

you can bring as much water and soft drinks on as you like either at New Orleans or from any port. One of the main dining rooms has a more relaxed dress code where I'm fairly sure shorts are allowed. Shorts are also allowed at the buffet and the blue lagoon. There is a dress up or not night when people who want to can dress formally, but the majority wear long pants and shirts with collars, no jackets. I had a snorkeling trip in Belize where we were picked up and returned to the ship, so I know at least some do so. NCL tends to be casual.

Shorts and jeans are allowed in every venue for every meal except dinner in the large MDR and Le Bistro. And both of them allow jeans just no shorts. There is never a time to wear anything other than jeans and a polo shirt on board. Men's sandals are frowned upon by some, but most just do it anyway. Water and soft drinks are ok at all ports. Belize has some tours that pick up at the ship and others you have to tender to shore for pickup.