OBC/DSC/KSF clarification ?s

Starflyr3

I just want to make sure I have it correct:

We have $300 in OBC from an NCL promotion (non-refundable)

I used my personal debit card to purchase additional OBC because I am planning a spa day and have saved up for it over the last year. (refundable)

When we go to the terminal, a different card (joint account) will be used as the card for on board expenses.

My understanding is this:

First, things will be charged from the refundable OBC

Second, if that runs out, things will be charged from the non-refundable OBC

And if we have expenses exceeding that, it will be charged to the card we register with at check in, correct?

and yes, I will also be taking cash for tips for butler/concierge/kids club/bartenders/etc, so that will not be paid for by the refundable OBC. I will try to prepay the kids DSC, (adults are covered by promo) but the site wont let me yet. Or since it was KSF when we booked it, do we have to pay their DSC or was that included in the port fees/expenses/KSF promo? (about $350 each)?

Thanks! sorry for the plethora of questions!

I just want to make sure I have it correct:

We have $300 in OBC from an NCL promotion (non-refundable)

I used my personal debit card to purchase additional OBC because I am planning a spa day and have saved up for it over the last year. (refundable)

When we go to the terminal, a different card (joint account) will be used as the card for on board expenses.

My understanding is this:

First, things will be charged from the refundable OBC

Second, if that runs out, things will be charged from the non-refundable OBC

And if we have expenses exceeding that, it will be charged to the card we register with at check in, correct?

and yes, I will also be taking cash for tips for butler/concierge/kids club/bartenders/etc, so that will not be paid for by the refundable OBC. I will try to prepay the kids DSC, (adults are covered by promo) but the site wont let me yet. Or since it was KSF when we booked it, do we have to pay their DSC or was that included in the port fees/expenses/KSF promo? (about $350 each)?

Thanks! sorry for the plethora of questions!

People have reported it both ways on the OBC- that their refundable was charged first then the nonrefundable and vice versa. I am not sure that there is a definitive answer. But once the OBC has been used the remaining charges would go on the credit card you use. I do not believe that the service charges are prepaid under KSF and you'll either be able to pre-pay those when the cruise gets closer or may take care of it onboard.

The last time I cruised NCL was 2012 and they used the non refundable first, then the refundable and the rest was on my CC.

There seems to be problems lately with the NCL web site and making payments for things.

If you really want to prepay your DSC I suggest that you either call your travel agent or the folks at NCL and have them take your $$.