On Princess, does this occur as on Celebrity?

Princess Di

LIGHTS IN THE COMMODE:

Has anyone seen this on Princess in the bathroom?

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=147097554&m=594103411&p=1

Hi all, posted 04-06-04 10:32 PM

Just returned from Summit cruise with good time had by all.

Just wondering if any prior Summit cruisers have seen the mystery light in toilet late at night with all lights out. Seemed to be a glow in the water. Didn't believe my wife when she told me about it until I saw it for myself and confirmed by my tablemates Charlie & Bridgett from Virginia, Ann & Bodann from Ft Lauderdale, and Keith and Sheila from jolly olde England (well I don't think Sheila had a chance to see it. Hi guys!). Anyway, it seemed to show about 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock in the morning but, I checked when I got up the last day at 6:30am, closed the bathroom door with lights out and there was the glow in the toilet. The light disappeared after flushing. Anyone else see the light and you guys going on Summit soon. Let us know if you see the light. We'll have people all the way from England looking for answers. Maybe you'll need to take a geigercounter to check for radiation.

Let us know. We'll be waiting.

James

THIS IS THE ANSWER:

debjac

Cool Cruiser posted 04-29-yy 12:58 PM

------------------------------------

OK - Mission accomplished! Back from the Summit and have it from a very reliable source that the "glow" is from phosphorescence (sp?). My source - Stuart the ACD - said to me very seriously "Have you tasted the water? It's salt water" - as I don't normally drink from toilets I'm taking his word.

Funny thing - many cc'ers and my tablemates saw the "glow". I looked every night, volunteering to call my friends and have a "glow party" once sighted and never saw it

Everyone had a good laugh over this and I think it was why we were asked to dine with the Captain so thank you all!!

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Never saw a light in the toilet on the cruises we've been on -- it might be nice and helpful, like a night light icon_wink.gif

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Gee did you drink the water while you were in port?? Maybe THAT had something to do with the glow in the bowl icon_biggrin.gif.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

The bathrooms are so small on Princess that you cant turn around to notice.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Archived