Is 32 too young to sail on Oceania?

morpheus4356

Our first cruise was on Celebrity at about your age, 16 years ago. We were definitely in the younger (5-10%) demographic, but enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

An older crowd (in general) is quieter, more polite, well mannered, and hold much more interesting conversations IMHO. You will have a more refined and relaxed experience.

We loved being the youngest people at our table. Now we are at the average cruise age or slightly younger.

Oceania will not give you the Carnival experience however, if that's what you are looking for.

In March of '14, SWMbI and I did the So. American Radiant Rhythm thing. We ended up having a lovely barely 40ish couple next door. We ended up dining with them a couple of times at shared tables and they were absolutely delightful (read witty, conversational without being overbearing etc...) all the best of great people to share a voyage with. Meantime, I was the curmudgeon while my far better half carried on without missing a social beat. :D

As it turned out, we still had a bottle of Dutcher Crossing Zinfandel which we weren't going to drink or carry home so we gifted it to this couple. You'd have thought we'd offered the crown jewels or something equally valuable. They couldn't thank us enough or say how much they'd enjoyed our company. Tactfully put - they'd enjoyed SWMbI - remember, I'm the curmudgeon. :eek:

So, unless you feel up to spending a minor gold bar in visiting the on ship barber/beauty parlor for 'just a touch of gray,' to better blend in, simply be yourselves and have a ball. Most folks on board, (not me of course) are quite open and friendly regardless of age. :cool:

Jus' mah oh-pinyun.

JMBobB

Our first cruise was on Celebrity at about your age, 16 years ago. We were definitely in the younger (5-10%) demographic, but enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

An older crowd (in general) is quieter, more polite, well mannered, and hold much more interesting conversations IMHO. You will have a more refined and relaxed experience.

We loved being the youngest people at our table. Now we are at the average cruise age or slightly younger.

Oceania will not give you the Carnival experience however, if that's what you are looking for.

This response says it well - and if there is a California wine club onboard, the age demographic lowers considerably and the noise factor increases, which is all part of the fun! Oh, Alaska sounds good, so much so that we will do it twice this summer which makes it 4 times in all on cruise ships and many many in the Canadian Navy on this part of the Pacific.:)