Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter

Pookeybear1966

We are sailing on Carnival in June and they don't offer blue lagoon anymore.

They only offer the Balmoral dolphin encounter.

We booked directly with Blue Lagoon instead because we want to do their dolphin encounter and hang at the beach for awhile. Is it worth the upgrade to the beach also after our dolphin encounter?

Also: How do we get there? I know there is a ferry. Do we just catch a taxi to the blue lagoon ferry dock? And does anyone know the cost for 3 people to get to ferry and take ferry also?

Thank you!

The ferry ride is included in the price of the excursion. To get to the ferry, take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. You'll need to be at the terminal half an hour in advance.

Personally, I wouldn't bother to upgrade to the beach. You have use of the island after your dolphin encounter anyway.

You didn't say what hours you are in port but make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship. The last ferry is at 4 and the ferry ride is about half an hour long.

Did you already book it? What time did you request?

If your ship leaves at 5, you'll need to take the 2 o'clock ferry back.

No have not booked yet.

They asked for time ship docks so they can give us time.

I'll just do dolphin encounter since we'd need early ferry.

Thanks

Sounds like you'll get the 10:30 encounter so you'll need to be at the terminal at 10.

Probably not worth it to upgrade to the beach pass.

Yeah I'm waiting for them to email me back with a time. I had to send them the ships name and times we'll be there.

Thanks for the info!

We did the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon in 2014. We did a 4 hour ship excursion and had about an hour on the beach after the Encounter. We didn't have a beach upgrade- just enjoyed the beach.

Carnival does no offer blue lagoon dolphin encounters anymore so we are doing this on our own

It will start when you arrive at the island. Someone will direct you when you get there. There will be a short informational session about dolphins first, then they will split people up into the groups with their trainer.

So the 10:30am time on my reservation is 10:30am ferry? That's my question

Yes, your ferry time is 10:30. You should be at the terminal at 10. Didn't they give you any instructions when they confirmed the reservation? You should really email them back with questions since they can answer better than anyone here.

This is from their website:

Check-In and Departures

Where and when should I check-in?

You must check-in at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. It is the only building between the two bridges on Paradise Island. We recommend that you arrive 30-minutes before your boat departure time. This gives you enough time to check-in at the ticket booth and get your wrist band.

How long is the tour?

Our tour is approximately 3 hours long including a 20-minute scenic both ride to and from our facility, an educational lecture, program and time to shower, change, view your photos and make purchases in our snack and gift shops.

What times do the boats depart?

Our boats depart from Paradise Island Ferry Terminal at four regularly scheduled times: 8:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm.There is also a 12:30 p.m. departure.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/faq/

Edited by CruisinCrow

• 2 weeks later...

We're on Victory in two weeks and Carnival is only offering the Blue Lagoon sea lion encounter - no Blue Lagoon dolphins or beach day. Probably because Carnival's private island doesn't have sea lions. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

Are you doing the Sea Lion Encounter?

No we're not, although I really want to one of these days! We were just at Blue Lagoon in January and didn't want to go back so soon. We signed up for the Segway tour this time.

Edited by CruisinCrow