Vista prices when they were first announced

ilovetotravel1977

In anticipation of Carnival's newest ship (Vista's sister), what were your prices of your Vista cruise if you booked as soon as the dates were available?

I didn't do this when Vista dates came out, and since they are pretty attractive right now, I'm curious as to how much they have risen since announcement.

In anticipation of Carnival's newest ship (Vista's sister), what were your prices of your Vista cruise if you booked as soon as the dates were available?

I didn't do this when Vista dates came out, and since they are pretty attractive right now, I'm curious as to how much they have risen since announcement.

I'm not sure when reservations became available but we booked 4H Interior cabin on deck 10 September 9, 2015 for $1009.00 per person for the May 14th, 2016 cruise from Barcelona - Athens.

Early in January we got a price reduction to $894.00 per person and $100.00 OBC. Then on January 22nd, 2016 got another price reduction and we are now paying $674.00 per person for the same 4H Interior cabin still with the $100 OBC.

I still check the price weekly but I know there is no way it will go lower than what I got it for. Needless to say we are very happy.

We booked the first day Vista sailings were announced, January 23, 2015. Our Carnival PVP called to let me know. We booked an aft wrap balcony on deck 9 for the 13 day Trans Atlantic from Barcelona to New York. Before Taxes and Fees our rate was $1,299 per person and was an 8E rate when booked. Carnival later re-categorized our aft wrap to a 9C category. It appears we lucked out big time and many thanks to our PVP. We also received $200 on-board credit.

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate $2,598.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $291.96

Total Cruise Charges $2,889.96

OPTIONAL CHARGES

Vacation Protection $258.00

Prepaid Gratuities $312.00

Total Optional Charges $570.00

TOTAL CHARGES $3,459.96

75730777-84a6-40bb-bfe6-24c96b2a395d_zps96c2c027.jpg

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain

We booked Feb 28th. 2015 Cove balcony Cat. 7 C. 2 people. Cruise rate $1258, port taxes $ 235. So now rate for same is up $440 for cruise rate. We are Soo hoping foe some OBC due to drops by then! All paid for except gratuity. Maybe once we get closer. Hopes are good since we see some for 1st sailings.

We booked an 8 day Vista for September 2017, 4 in a balcony cabin, for $3085. I think that's great considering last year I paid more than that for an 8 day Breeze trip and hopefully, the price will drop as we get closer.

Is it correct if my category is sold out I cannot get any drops and I guess I cant upgrade since I booked a Havana Cabana suite. Thinking I should have not done Early Saver since there are only four and already sold out for February 2018.

Is it correct if my category is sold out I cannot get any drops and I guess I cant upgrade since I booked a Havana Cabana suite. Thinking I should have not done Early Saver since there are only four and already sold out for February 2018.

Essentially that's correct. If someone cancels along the way and you catch it, they may or may not lower the price for the suites (but doubtful).

I assume when you booked ES it was the lowest price available? If so and that's the date you're sailing, you got the best price possible.

Booked 8D balcony in January 2015 for June 2016 sailing for $1550pp (cruisefare, tax/fees, port inc), $1465 at final pymt, rec price adjustment prior to final pymt. Currently deck 8 appears sold out, comparing to deck 7 midship is now $1485pp. We prefer deck 8 as it is between pax decks. Enjoy. :)

Booked Premium Havana Balcony 6464 for the NYC-NYC cruise a few days after it was available.

$1549PP (+taxes/fees) and received $50 OBC with the booking.

Balconies are sold out but Ocean Views are now starting at $1619PP (+taxes and fees).

Paid $70 less PP for the nice big Havana balcony than an ocean view will cost someone today. :eek:

I've never had changes in a booking after the fact. How does the adjustment work when the price goes down? It's it something you have to continually monitor and request? Does it make a difference if you used a travel agent or book directly with Carnival? Is it usually OBC, a credit on the balance due or optional? Thanks!

I've never had changes in a booking after the fact. How does the adjustment work when the price goes down? It's it something you have to continually monitor and request? Does it make a difference if you used a travel agent or book directly with Carnival? Is it usually OBC, a credit on the balance due or optional? Thanks!

Yes it is something you have to continue to monitor. I used this site http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/ to check prices once or twice a week.

Since you have a travel agent I believe you just go through them to get the discount, I booked directly with Carnival so I just called them myself and we changed it over the phone. I got both price reduction from $899 to $674 pp and $100 obc. For some price options I think you get the choice of obc or price reduction after final payment it might only be obc.

Yes it is something you have to continue to monitor. I used this site http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/ to check prices once or twice a week.

Since you have a travel agent I believe you just go through them to get the discount, I booked directly with Carnival so I just called them myself and we changed it over the phone. I got both price reduction from $899 to $674 pp and $100 obc. For some price options I think you get the choice of obc or price reduction after final payment it might only be obc.

Thanks LouTheGlue.