Pros/cons Victory cabin 1246 and Conquest cabin 2289

tilliebob1919

1246 on Victory is a forward cabin. It's a 4-person cabin, & it has a connecting door. The seat of the sofa becomes a bed for the 3rd person, and there is an upper bunk that can come down from the ceiling for the 4th person, if you have 4 in the room. I like to avoid connecting rooms if possible, but it's looking like all of their 4-person OV rooms are connecting rooms.

2289 on Conquest is a midship cabin below guest services, so that should be a good spot. It is not a connecting cabin, and sleeps 2 max.

I have stayed on Main and Riviera many times. I enjoy staying there, because I don't need elevators to get to/from the dining rooms, the theater & other entertainment, or for getting off/on the ship in port, or for debarkation. Those are the times when elevators are extremely busy. When I need one, for going up to lido deck, there's usually not much of a wait. Further forward rooms do hear the sound of the waves hitting the front of the ship. I'm not sure if 1246 is far enough forward to hear that; maybe not. But the sound has never really bothered me, and I have stayed pretty far forward, in the porthole rooms.

Edited by k2excursion

I just left the Conquest yesterday and I was in 2285. Some mornings it is VERY NOISY when the crew is power washing the outside Deck 3 right above you. There is also some noise from people walking on the deck above. You are also close to the forward elevator bank and stairs... which is a good thing, but it was also noisy at times.

Main deck get is a great spot to reach a lot of places on the ship.

Hope this helped.