Got away on the Getaway - Got any questions??

bostongal965

Hi. Thank you for taking thr time to answer my previous questions. I appreciate it.

I am not sailing until February 2017 but did the online check in. Final payment has not been made. When can I choose a port arrival time? I really want Group One.

Thank you so much!

We chose the arrival time 3 - 4 weeks before sailing. It was weird (I've never had to do that before), but my online check-in was showing as complete with four steps. About a month before I left, it showed as incomplete with five steps - the step I needed to complete was to choose a check-in time. I chose 10:00 - 10:30 I think (may have been 10:30 - 11:00). I was in group 1, but I had Latitudes Gold check in, and there was only one person in line ahead of me. The regular check in line was a lot longer.

I've been trying to find out about the locker room showers for the Thermal Suites on Getaway !!!

I just got off the Caribbean Princess in December and the locker room shower doors were GLASS, not even frosted glass. There was no privacy. I always just went back to my cabin and showered. I'm in a solo on the Getaway with a tiny shower for my next cruise, so I'm not crazy about having to go back to my room to shower in private.

What can you tell me about this ? Can you also tell me about the swimming pools on Getaway ? I like to swim laps at the buttcrack of dawn so I can (usually) have the pool to myself. Is there a lap pool or even just a 'longish' pool that will work for this ? Photos and deck plans really don't tell the story.

Thanks for any information or tips you can offer !

In the women's locker room there were two showers, and they had translucent doors, so not completely private.

The adult pool on the main deck could probably be used for short laps in the morning when it's not busy. It is rectangular, probably a quarter of an Olympic length pool (I used to swim in a half size Olympic, and I'm guessing this was about half of that). My husband is the early riser, and he said the pool deck was dead around seven (except for the folks out "reserving" their loungers..ugh).

YES!! :):):):D

I think it was your review from a few months ago that had me so excited to try it - and those pastelitos...my mouth is watering just thinking of them!!

Oh wow, this is my first post in a long time, I didn't think anyone still remembered me here. >.>

If you recall me talking about my book I was working on, it's up for pre-order on Amazon and iTunes now. Hoping to get in another writing cruise in June. :)

Thanks for the quick response! I just got good news about pricing in another thread, so may very well book tomorrow.

Edited by perditax

I just booked the Getaway Western Caribbean out of Miami. How quick was the disembarkment? Trying to figure out flight times now.

We had a,flight at 11:30 from Fort Lauderdale and made it. The airline changed the departure while,we were on Getaway-big surprise when we checked in on line!

Did you get off at Great Stirrup Cay? Where do you feel is the best place to park for the day?

Our cruise had an itinerary change (due to the Gronk charter cruise on the Pearl see this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2231711&highlight=gronk) and we didn't get to go to GSC. We went to Costa Maya instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

thanks for the information!

we booked Gateway in Apr, and it should disembark at 8AM back to Miami. Based on your experience, is it good enough if we book a return fly at 11:38AM at MIA airport?

Thanks