Adriatic Cruise for 2017

The five of us are considering a cruise next year for 40th Wedding Anniversary and a 70th Birthday and although we've had great times in the Caribbean twice (Thomson Destiny and Thomson Celebration) in the last few years, we are now looking for a 14 day cruise in a different part of the world - possibly with Thomson.

So The Adriatic coasts have been mentioned.

My own choice would be to do a Western Med one week and The Adriatic the other.

Has anyone ever achieved this with the same Ship?

Which ports did you visit or can you recommend around the Adriatic?

Also when is the best time of year to do this trip? September has been suggested.

Over the years I have found everyone on this forum very helpful so it would be lovely to hear some of your comments and experiences on similar cruises.

Many Thanks

Kev

(p.s. NOTE TO SELF - I must change my banner as its now out of date)

Edited by Dysongs

The five of us are considering a cruise next year for 40th Wedding Anniversary and a 70th Birthday and although we've had great times in the Caribbean twice (Thomson Destiny and Thomson Celebration) in the last few years, we are now looking for a 14 day cruise in a different part of the world - possibly with Thomson.

So The Adriatic coasts have been mentioned.

My own choice would be to do a Western Med one week and The Adriatic the other.

Has anyone ever achieved this with the same Ship?

Which ports did you visit or can you recommend around the Adriatic?

Also when is the best time of year to do this trip? September has been suggested.

Over the years I have found everyone on this forum very helpful so it would be lovely to hear some of your comments and experiences on similar cruises.

Many Thanks

Kev

(p.s. NOTE TO SELF - I must change my banner as its now out of date)

We are in a similar situation - looking for July 2017 to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary and Hubbys 70th birthday. Sadly with Thomson you cannot do Western Med and the Adriatic on the same ship - Western Med sails from Palma, Adriatic from Corfu or Dubrovnik. We have been told by Thomson that their Summer 2017 brochure wll be out either at the end of March or early April.

Thanks Campolady, that's very useful info! I wasn't expecting it until November for some reason. So I will be watching to see the prices, the ships and the itineraries. I thought west & east med cruise would be very difficult to set up

Kev

The Adriatic is wonderful - did it a few years ago, there are no bad ports of call, just wonderful places to visit from all ports. Kotor very picturesque. Dubrovnik speaks for itself, these you just stay put in the town. Other ports offer great excursions - just have a look at the itinerary and you will see what I mean, We sailed from Corfu,

Thomson used to do an Italian cruise from Corfu, two versions in summer 2015 (Italian Flavours & The Italian Job).

It was basically a mix of Rome, Naples/Sorrento, Sicily and then either Malta or south east Italy also. They dropped it though for this summer, however with the current issues in the eastern Med, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back for summer 2017 - it would make sense for them to do so.

I hope they do as it was a great itinerary! Adriatic Explorer is down to be every other week from Corfu for 2017 on the Dream according to port schedules, so if they do reinstate the Italian itinerary, it would work perfectly for your plans.

We did a back to back a few years ago on Spirit (from Corfu I think) - 1 week Adriatic and 1 week Aegean. Perfect itinerary in my opinion.

It was the previous time Spirit was not sailing from the UK in Summer (2012?).

Malc.

We done the Italian Job and Adriatic Explorer from Corfu last year on the Majesty. It was a great B2B wither the first week being the Adriatic including Venice and the second week sailing the west coast of Italy including Rome, Naples, Sicily and a fabulous little island called Lipari. Can't find this itinerary this year. Such a shame.

Thanks for all this info guys, you are all very kind its very useful!

Does anyone know if the Celebration is being retired before the latter part of 2017? We had a great trip on her in the Caribbean in March last year but

did not like 'the infamous judder'!

Kev

Just seen the following on a thomson cruises facebook page:

Who’s up for a cruise around the beautiful Baltics and Northern Europe in Summer 2017? Thomson Celebration certainly will be…