Just back from freedom, beautiful cruise

For those that asked about adventure program. We has a 5 year old with us so she went to the aquanauts program for 3 to 5 year olds.

She enjoyed it immensely, we had planned on using it just a bit but she begged to go all the time. We took her with us on the st Bernard's tour but left her for a few hours while shopping in st Thomas.

We checked her in and out whenever we wanted.

There were children aboard but not like summer or break times, so I would estimate about 9 kids at most in the program when they were all there.

My gd Also did the child's cupcake class. 30 min. And 15.00 dollars.

It was on sea days at 3:30

I think you cannot tell beforehand all the hours of things because they must change the hours depending on how many kids are on board.

For those that asked about adventure program. We has a 5 year old with us so she went to the aquanauts program for 3 to 5 year olds.

She enjoyed it immensely, we had planned on using it just a bit but she begged to go all the time. We took her with us on the st Bernard's tour but left her for a few hours while shopping in st Thomas.

We checked her in and out whenever we wanted.

There were children aboard but not like summer or break times, so I would estimate about 9 kids at most in the program when they were all there.

My gd Also did the child's cupcake class. 30 min. And 15.00 dollars.

It was on sea days at 3:30

I think you cannot tell beforehand all the hours of things because they must change the hours depending on how many kids are on board.

Great to hear! Taking 3 yr old twins and 6 year old- I'm sure they'll love it!

There are 5 of us going on the same sailing!!!! Just registered for the meet and mingle...so, we are up to 27 now :)....this will be our 4th time on the Freedom...love this ship!!!! Now I need to go and register on the Roll Call!!!! :D

Sheila

I think we are on the same sailing too

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!!! Very important question - how were the mattresses? [emoji16]

We were on Freedom 2 weeks ago. The beds are like rocks. My husband loved it. I thought it would bother me but after a full day and a couple of drinks I slept great. I love being rocked to bed on a ship.

We were on Freedom 2 weeks ago. The beds are like rocks. My husband loved it. I thought it would bother me but after a full day and a couple of drinks I slept great. I love being rocked to bed on a ship.

Good to know. We've already requested a mattress topper and am hoping for the best.

I think we are on the same sailing too

We are on the Freedom May 29, 2016....if you are on the same sailing...please go and sign up on our Roll Call!!!! Would love to meet with you and your family....:)

Sheila

We requested egg crate or mattress topper and did not receive. But found I slept like a baby each night, so did not pursue while on board. We did enjoy the piano entertainment at schooner bar each night, from Elvis, Beatles, Neal Diamond and Jimmy Buffett, very fun. If you want to do something fun, participate in selfish scavenger hunt. That was a blast, and we have fun photos too!

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!!! Very important question - how were the mattresses? [emoji16]

Mattresses were comfortable, ours had a foam topper, that we hadn't asked for. My husband has a lot of back,shoulder, and neck issues and actually raved about the bed!

Looking forward to our sailing on Freedom over Thanksgiving week in November. We have cruised enough to know that beds are as difficult an issue as food to please people with. I like a very hard mattress, hubby likes one that is softer. I don't worry about it....on a cruise it all works out to be 'wonderful' in my book.

Any one know if we took Walkie talkies if the work on the ship. We want to stay in touch with our group. I have read about royal connect, has anyone used these phones onboard. Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Any one know if we took Walkie talkies if the work on the ship. We want to stay in touch with our group. I have read about royal connect, has anyone used these phones onboard. Any suggestions would be great.

DH and I have our walkie talkies with us on our cruises and they work just fine....they have worked on Allure as well as they did on Her Majesty. They did what they needed to do when we were on Indy last year, which is the same size and configuration as Freedom. Not a problem at all.

Edited by Paulette3028

I believe the app only works on Quantum-class ships. It was not available on Allure a few months ago.