Muster on Star

baxter44

Anyone know what time or day muster is on the Star? I was thinking it's on embarkation day, but maybe not? We have a 6pm reservation on embarkation day for Cagney's but I'm reconsidering that based on people saying there is a captain cocktail type party for suite guests at 6pm that day? Thanks for the help

Muster drill on every cruise line is nowadays on embarkation day, before or immediately after departure - this is how NCL has done it years (before departure) but it became mandatory only after Costa Concordia incident.

No big events like VIP cocktail party takes place on embarkation evening as everybody might not even have their suitcases yet before dinner, you're fine with your reservation.

Anyone know what time or day muster is on the Star? I was thinking it's on embarkation day, but maybe not? We have a 6pm reservation on embarkation day for Cagney's but I'm reconsidering that based on people saying there is a captain cocktail type party for suite guests at 6pm that day? Thanks for the help

We were on the Star in January and muster is around 3:30pm on embarkation day in the Stardust. Takes about 15 minutes and then you are on your way to Sailaway!! The cocktail party is the next evening for suite guests. We were in a Family Suite and absolutely loved it!! You don't think you will need all the perks but we did more than I thought we would!!

Edited by tpnebraska

Do people dress up for the suite cocktail party? Or are most people casual?

In my experience more people are dressed up than casual. Depends on the clientele/itinerary (read: cruise length) though.

• 3 weeks later...
In my experience more people are dressed up than casual. Depends on the clientele/itinerary (read: cruise length) though.

Thanks for that info. Will be going in May and be the first time in a Suite. Don't quite know what to expect...

We were on the Star in January and muster is around 3:30pm on embarkation day in the Stardust. Takes about 15 minutes and then you are on your way to Sailaway!! The cocktail party is the next evening for suite guests. We were in a Family Suite and absolutely loved it!! You don't think you will need all the perks but we did more than I thought we would!!

We were on the Star on Feb 6. We were delayed getting on the ship due to an illness the week before (not noro virus). The ship had to be super cleaned. We got on around 2:45 and muster was at 3:30. We had to go outside for ours. I think a lot of people ended having to go to the make up drill since people were still boarding during the drill.

Yes, muster will be at 3:30 on the first day...it's held at various places throughout the ship depending on where you cabin is. It's about 15 minutes long, you don't have to bring your life jacket and is totally painless!

As far as a dress code for the VIP party...it all depends...it is "dress up or not night" which some will be dressed up and some will not! Nobody really cares so don't worry about it...just go have fun!

Just got off Star 3/13-3/20 and life boat drill was 3:30. Our Suite party with Officers was on Monday, not Sunday, but if you want to see the passage under the bridge of tampa, then dinner at 6 will limit your visibility. But if you eat in the afternoon, then I'd recommend a later dinner at (6:30 or 7), so you can enjoy sailaway, and still be done with dinner by 9 PM show.

Must eat restaurants include Moderno, Le Bistro, and should eat restaurants include Cagney's and La Cucina.

If you are in a suite, request a dinner with an officer in one of the main dining rooms - very cool.

Just got off Star 3/13-3/20 and life boat drill was 3:30. Our Suite party with Officers was on Monday, not Sunday, but if you want to see the passage under the bridge of tampa, then dinner at 6 will limit your visibility. But if you eat in the afternoon, then I'd recommend a later dinner at (6:30 or 7), so you can enjoy sailaway, and still be done with dinner by 9 PM show.

Must eat restaurants include Moderno, Le Bistro, and should eat restaurants include Cagney's and La Cucina.

If you are in a suite, request a dinner with an officer in one of the main dining rooms - very cool.

Oh good tip about Bay Bridge, yes I don't want to miss that. I'll ask concierge to push that res out to 7. Thanks for the info!

Just off the Star a week ago. The drill,

(such as it was)...it was the least informative drill I`ve ever been to (about 15 minutes in the main theatre)around 3:30. It was really kind of a joke.

A lot of 1st time cruisers would have no idea were and how to gather at their actual boat stations.

I`m not fond of the full blown drill, but it is a necessary evil, like the dentist.

Just off the Star a week ago. The drill,

(such as it was)...it was the least informative drill I`ve ever been to (about 15 minutes in the main theatre)around 3:30. It was really kind of a joke.

A lot of 1st time cruisers would have no idea were and how to gather at their actual boat stations.

I`m not fond of the full blown drill, but it is a necessary evil, like the dentist.

Hmm? You had the drill at your exact assembly station, in the case of emergency you will assemble there and be guided to lifeboats from there. So everyone got the exact information they needed to get.

Yes, muster will be at 3:30 on the first day...it's held at various places throughout the ship depending on where you cabin is. It's about 15 minutes long, you don't have to bring your life jacket and is totally painless!

I concur, except watch out for the Muster King...aka the NCL person leading the Muster that 'will take your keycard and kick you off the ship if you are not 100% silent'. The process was painless, location varies depending on stateroom and should give you plenty of time to make your reservation (unless you are delayed leaving port).

In regards to dress...I found that many more people dress nicer for dinner on the Star. By nice, I mean business casual and above. Also, they are strict about the dress code in Versailles. I really enjoyed my recent Star cruise.

In regards to dress...I found that many more people dress nicer for dinner on the Star. By nice, I mean business casual and above. Also, they are strict about the dress code in Versailles. I really enjoyed my recent Star cruise.

Didn't know there was a dress code for Versailles. What is it please?

I've been on ships where the Muster Drill was done right at your correct lifeboat, and others where you meet in a lounge area on the ship. While you no longer have to wear your lifevest to the muster (yes, that used to be required) I kind of miss the old "stricter" measures done for our safety.

You know your cruise is underway when you and three thousand others are walking around the decks with their orange vests on!!

I don't mind the muster drill, and know that each ship is different as to how it works, where you go and how long it takes, so we just listen to the announcements, read our cabin info and go with the flow!

• 2 weeks later...
The thing I saw them turning people away for was men wearing shorts. Long pants are required.

ok so my one pair of NON blue jean pants will have to cover for the trip. No shorts at dinner, No tank top tee shirts for men, No ball cap hats, woman can't wear swimwear. Those things are not what I call dress code, now if they wanted a tie, or dress for my wife now screw that.

If your not happy with wearing clothes do as we do, book a suite and dinner in room and don't dress AT ALL.

that that is what I call FREESTYLE

Jerry

Edited by gmasters