Pride Stateroom 8271: Aft Ocean Suite Panorama Deck Question

Livelsberger

We are sailing for our first time with Carnival CL on a 7 day cruise to Bermuda out of Baltimore. My wonderful husband decided to reserve a ocean suite with a panoramic deck, room 8271 because its our 15th wedding anniversary. The room looks spacious and gorgeous. What can anyone tell me about the panoramic suites? Are they as nice as they seem? Has anyone ever stayed in these particular rooms? Does anyone have any candid pictures to share? Thanks for any and all input...:):):D:D

Edited by Livelsberger

I have stayed in that very OS on Pride, and I would willingly book it again.

The negatives: It has a lot of vibration (as pretty much all AFT cabin on Pride do, to some extent) that causes little squeaks and other noises from things rubbing / knocking together. When I am booking an AFT Suite now, I bring little stick-on felt pads to buffer the items in the room that are making noise - it sure beats the wads of tissue that the Steward / previous guests used. Ous DDs were sailing with us when we had that particular Suite. The vibrations actually rattled the bunk ladder apart!:eek: The Steward had to screw it back together. And the sliding, mirrored door to the dressing room / walk-in closet was 'bolted' in the open position, so it could not be closed, I assume this is from the vibration issues as well.

This happened to be the cabin in which I found a used Bore strip (blackhead-pulling nose strip) on the ledge of the Pullman bunk.:eek::mad: I do cleaning and wiping-down of all my cabins, so thankfully I found this before my child spent the night with her face next to this disgusting thing all night. That's totally unrelated to what you can expect, it probably isn't even the same Room Steward assigned to that Suite by now. I just can't help remembering it when I think of that Suite.:o

The positives: the whirlpool tub, the larger bathroom with double sinks, the larger space, the extra storage space, the larger balcony.

Happy anniversary and happy sails. Ask any other questions you like, and I'll answer the best I can.:o

I'll see if I can get a picture or two loaded up on Photobucket to share...

OK, so here are the pictures that I have that include any useful views of the Suite. I'm sorry, we didn't really do the "room tour" type pics in this Suite because we had stayed in this category before, so it had lost its novelty. But I'm sure there are many, many more and better pictures of this Suite and others in the category out there for the finding.:o

FWIW, here's what I've got:

Nd3_2065.jpg

My DDs bidding me "farewell", as I prepare to go ashore in Port Canaveral to get DD #1 a pair of sandals to replace her old ones that were giving her blisters. DH is taking the picture from the main area of the Suite, with his back to the bed, pointing towards the cabin door, and the girls and I are standing in the tiny foyer / hall area, just inside the cabin door. The light shining on us from the side is coming from the dressing room (with the bathroom behind it).

Nd3_0880.jpg

Me getting ready for dinner. I'm looking into the mirror over the head of the bed, DH is shooting from over by the couch (which will be converted to the lower bunk while we are at dinner, minutes after this picture is taken:)).

Nd3_0891a.jpg

DD#2 standing in the entry area, beside the mini fridge (under the telephone corner of the desk area, as seen in the first picture), and just outside the walk-thru closet/dressing room (which has a vanity in it). This picture gives a little bit of an idea of the depth of the Suite.

Nd3_3752.jpg

DD#2 standing in front of our towel animal horde on the counter adjacent to the bed. The "wooden" wall at the far left edge of this shot is the outer wall of the closet that I was standing beside while brushing my hair.

I've got a few more pictures coming. I hope these are helping to "stitch" a mental image of the Suite together for you.

Nd3_1992.jpg

DD#1 hanging off of top bunk (Pullman bed), picture taken from lower bunk (couch), pointed towards main bed (King), with the Balcony doors to the left. Not much of a view, I know, but might help a little with getting the layout of the Suite straight.

Nd3_0857.jpg

The girls playing Barbies on Embarkation Day on our beautiful, long Balcony.:)

Nd3_3804.jpg

And this is Justin Bieber Barbie rocking a OOAK, facial tissue toga cruise wear ensemble. Just a bonus shot, because I couldn't resist.:p He's standing on the end table beside the couch. The lamp in this shot is crooked and loose on its base due to all the vibration this cabin gets.

You're welcome.:) I wish I had pictures of the bathroom to show you - it's much more spacious than a regular cabin bathroom - I'm sure you'll have no problem with it. Heck, half of the bathrooms in my house are smaller than that OS bathroom.:o:p

Have a great cruise and enjoy the Suite. Tip: we take a small air purifier that creates 'white noise' while filtering the air. This helps mask some of the vibration noises. Oh, and earplugs.;)