Cirque Dreams on the Breakaway- worth it?

subwife81

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Breakaway on the April 17 sailing. We have the SDP, and are traveling with my in-laws, husband, and two kids (1 and 6) I was curious if people specifically with younger children thought Cirque Dreams was worth it- were the kids entertained? How was the food?

I hate to take away from a night of speciality dining if my kids aren't really going to care one way or the other.

For reference, my husband and I aren't big "show" people on cruises. We "might" go to one a cruise- of course this might have to do with crusing with our children.:D

TIA for opinions!

I've done the Cirque Dreams show twice, once on Epic and once on Getaway and it has been the same both times.

The show is great.

The food is terrible.

If you're going for the food, don't. Also, I wouldn't recommend it for young children. I took my one year old (at the time) on the Getaway and spent 3/4 of the show in the lobby area with him. It's also pretty loud for young ears.

It is a fun show

There is a short advertisement clip at

We have gone 4 times on Epic and 2 times on Breakaway. The menu is usually an appetizer of prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato; Entree of steak and shrimp; Dessert is a trio of red velvet cupcake, vanilla creme caramel, and chocolate cake. The food is pretty good. It's pre-pepared so that they can serve 100 people in 10 minutes.

Edited by BirdTravels

We saw the cirque show on my recent Breakaway sailing. Given the original price, I thought it was a good deal to use it as one of our UDP (we had four). It came out to about 12 dollars plus/minus for the show. We were all entertained and we all thought the shrimp and beef and dessert were awesome. My brother said his 10 year old would have loved the show if he was sailing with us. I do think it might be too loud or scary for little ones. I did tell my siblings if ever asked on cruise critic....I would not pay full price for a family of four or more...I would only tell a family the price is worth it for only those who really really want to see it. Twelve or so each for the four of us....awesome deal...not sure if worth 160 or so for full price especially if some are just going along to be together. After sailing three times on Breakaway, I am glad I finally saw it! We went on the first night and we had seats in on the floor...great views overall and a good time had by all.

coka

Edited by coka