Ziplining

Okie918

Safety should be fairly uniform amongst at least the larger zip lines.

Mostly they have height/weight guidelines but the ziplines are solid and secure at South Shore Canopy, Pirates of the Caribbean and Clip N Zip at Mahogany Bay. I hear Victor Bodden's zip line is good too. P ot C has various zip lines of different heights and distances so you don't have to be really high over the canyons and go on several lines to complete the course like at South Shore. At MBCC it's a great view of the ocean all down hill.

https://www.roatanpiratescanopy.com/zipline-info.htm

http://www.southshorezipline.com/

http://www.clipnziproatan.com/en/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
Bookmarking!

...Has anyone actually ever ziplined with a small child? Didn't realize they did that :eek:

My grandson was three his 1st time. They had him strapped in with his father and he loved it. The next year he went by himself and declared himself a pro after the 2nd run. He's very adventurous and will try anything, that I'm sure makes a difference in a child handling something like this.

We just returned from a stop in Roatan and we booked the South Shore Zipline adventure. My 8-year old daughter went with the guide down each line. My older son is 15 and he went down alone. There were families where children went down with adults too. I never felt unsafe.

We just returned from a stop in Roatan and we booked the South Shore Zipline adventure. My 8-year old daughter went with the guide down each line. My older son is 15 and he went down alone. There were families where children went down with adults too. I never felt unsafe.

Do the kids HAVE to go down with a guide/adult? Is there a minimum age/weight in order for them to go alone?

My daughter wasn't tall enough to reach the line. I'm not sure how tall they need to be. The other kid who attempted to go alone didn't make it all the way to the platform and they had to bring him in. It wasn't a big deal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app