Just off Getaway...Pics menus

Davey-D-99

Gosh, that was exciting! Seeing the ship we will be on very soon, the pool, the restaurants, the bars and the activities. Had no idea what the Glow Party would be like, now I have an idea! Thanks for sharing that

Because of cilantro???

Glad you enjoyed the video... I'm certain you'll have a great time... I'm jealous, wish I was going again!

I didn't like shrimp and guacamole salad for every reason not just cilantro... lol. It's just not good!!!

Does anyone know when they serve Prime Rib?

I'm just off the Getaway today and they had prime rib three times that I am aware of, in the buffet on the first night, in the MDR once (I think Thursday but it could have been Wednesday - can try to figure it out when I get home) and O'Sheehan's on Friday (second sea day). O'Sheehan's did not have any specials except on sea days.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the video and thank you for taking the time to post the menus. All the information was so helpful! We sail May 15 and I have been so excited but after watching your video and reading your tips, I am extremely excited!

I also uploaded a YouTube video of our fabulous week on the Getaway in February. Any more questions...feel free to ask!

Thank you for the video. I'll be on her in May and I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the video. I'll be on her in May and I can't wait!

Thank you for posting these menus! That is so helpful. My cruise is not until October,but you've got me salivating already...

Glad you enjoyed the pics and video...

I managed a fuzzy screengrab of the missing Sunday menu from the first night.

I had the clam chowder and lamb tikka...awesome.

Menu2.jpg

Menu1.jpg

UBP is valid everywhere on the ship on all drinks $15 and below. This covers almost everything. You can't get the mojito flight, but you can get each individually. Dining is 4 nights of dining for first two people in the cabin. There is a list on NCL website of the restaurants that are upcharges from the package, I think they are Ocean Blue, the raw bar and sushi. You should book ahead 90 days out in a regular cabin 100 days out in a suite. Specialties do tend to get booked up -- you can always change dates/times once on the ship.

HTH

Hi.

I'm sailing in the Haven on Breakaway August 7.

I haven't been contacted by concierge yet and do I actually count 100 days back from August 7? We have UDP for all six of us and want to make sure I book my dinners and tweak if need be once on the ship.

Thank you very much!

They are from the complimentary restaurants... Taste, Savor and Tropicana. They all share the same menus. I missed a couple because we went to Illusionarium one evening and Shanghai noodle another. Those were also very good. O'Sheehans was also very good, we went for lunch a couple times and late night wings and nachos. I was impressed with all the food except for the scrambled eggs at the buffet breakfast:eek: Wait for the fresh omelet... Trust me!!

Hi! Was Shangai Noodle bar also open for lunch? Or just dinner service? Thanks for the review :-)

Edited by Bra_BE2014

Hi.

I'm sailing in the Haven on Breakaway August 7.

I haven't been contacted by concierge yet and do I actually count 100 days back from August 7? We have UDP for all six of us and want to make sure I book my dinners and tweak if need be once on the ship.

Thank you very much!

If you want to eat at the steakhouse (Cagneys) you need to book before you get on the ship. We decided to try and book a dinner there the first day on board, and unless you want to eat at 9:30pm, there is no availability.

If you want to eat at the steakhouse (Cagneys) you need to book before you get on the ship. We decided to try and book a dinner there the first day on board, and unless you want to eat at 9:30pm, there is no availability.

Thank you.

I want to book all my specialty restaurants prior to getting on the ship.

Do I count back 100 days from August 7?

Do you know the e-mail address for concierge?

Thank you very much!

Thank you.

I want to book all my specialty restaurants prior to getting on the ship.

Do I count back 100 days from August 7?

Do you know the e-mail address for concierge?

Thank you very much!

I'm not positive on the "100 days", but if you haven't yet set-up your NCL account on their website, you should definitely do that. By setting that up, you can basically do everything for your cruise by simply logging in to their site. You have access to book shore excursions, book dining options and also do all of your pre-boarding check-in procedures.

Another handy tool from the website is that you have a countdown to your cruise date. So if you need to wait 100 days prior to cruising, just wait for that countdown calendar to say "100 days remaining".

One thing I've found very helpful is actually calling NCL and getting help from an agent. Their service was great - so if you need info about concierge service I would call their toll-free number.

• 2 years later...

Sooooo much better than RC’s food! I’ve taken 6 NCL cruises and a few Carnival. NCL is by far my fave! Just got off RC this am and my friend and I are still in shock at how horrible the service was, how filthy it was and how nasty the food was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sooooo much better than RC’s food! I’ve taken 6 NCL cruises and a few Carnival. NCL is by far my fave! Just got off RC this am and my friend and I are still in shock at how horrible the service was, how filthy it was and how nasty the food was!

You just got off the Freedom of the seas? We cruise on her in a few weeks

What was so bad that made you pull up a thread from 2 years ago to complain:confused:

You just got off the Freedom of the seas? We cruise on her in a few weeks

What was so bad that made you pull up a thread from 2 years ago to complain:confused:

Didn’t look at the date, not that the date matters at all but since you’re asking, this thread was on my main page when I opened the app this am. I looked through the menu and it looked amazing, unlike RC (really crappy) cruise line. Hope you can continue about your day now [emoji849] seeing as how the date must be extremely important

Didn’t look at the date, not that the date matters at all but since you’re asking, this thread was on my main page when I opened the app this am. I looked through the menu and it looked amazing, unlike RC (really crappy) cruise line. Hope you can continue about your day now [emoji849] seeing as how the date must be extremely important

enough about the date

I was hoping you would give some insight into why the Freedom was so bad compared to the Getaway since this is what you posted about your Getaway experience

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55323508&postcount=305

we sail on the Freedom in 3 weeks and the Getaway for Thanksgiving and have concerns

enough about the date

I was hoping you would give some insight into why the Freedom was so bad compared to the Getaway since this is what you posted about your Getaway experience

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55323508&postcount=305

we sail on the Freedom in 3 weeks and the Getaway for Thanksgiving and have concerns

Happy to! I don’t even know where to start. I’ve posted on RC’s fab pace, messenger and emailed them! It started day one. The mass confusion of the staff, asked several different people about events or places on the ship and no one acted like they could help, not only did they act like we were a hindrance they then would just say no they didn’t know and pawn us off onto another staff member. We missed the first formal night due to no communication on the daily compass (nightly pamphlets) for the first three days nothing gave Info about what the dinner wear was. We had to ask the wait staff and they told us to ask guest services. Guest services said we were mistaken and must have missed where it says what to wear as it was printed in plain sight on the front page. She proceeded to show us and couldn’t find it either, she went through it twice. She then made a call and said oh it will start telling you on the third night. A lot of good that did! First night we ate at the steakhouse and the waiter was so awful, we watched our food sit in the window for 15 minutes before we could even get his attn. then it was only our steaks not our sides. The ship overall was dirty. Our room steward who we paid on the first night in addition to our prepaid gratuities not once vacuumed, not once cleaned the filthy mirror, nightstands and coffee table. We had a suite and it was my friend and I, I specified we needed our beds separated and they weren’t, we kindly asked hem to be and he rolled his eyes. That was the attitude of 80% of the employees. The activities were VERY lacking. Most activities were 9:30 pm or later. I don’t know about you but I don’t stay up very late every night, maybe twice in a cruise. I am used to NCL having early AND late activities and several of them including comedians. There was two nights to see a comedian. The first one was so bad half the audience left. I could go on and on but hopefully your experience will be much better. I don’t know if it made a difference but we left out of Puerto Rico. I’d say 75% if activities were also geared towards a Latin feel. Later during the cruise we had reservations for the murder mystery dinner (I do recommend that) we spoke to a lady who has been on several RC cruises and she made comment that she felt the activities were light but that she had also spoke to the captain and head of hotel and was told it was the captains first cruise with RC, most of the crew was new onboard the ship and the hotel director was new as well. The menus in the dining room didn’t vary much and I prefer NCLs menu for sure. Three nights in a row the featured fish of the day was Cobia! The pizza place was phenomenal though. You have to be careful of the times as you will easily miss eating somewhere you may have wanted to eat. The hours of operation in all of the dining areas including the buffet are very limited. The buffet is set up in a way that doesn’t flow, people were constantly crossing paths to get to another station and they weren’t very nice about it. We don’t like eating buffet but had to a few times due to missing the dining room times. Also only one dining room open for lunch and breakfast, most days we had to be crammed on a small table with several other passengers. One morning for breakfast the head waiter rushed by and rudely said “HOLD ON!” Uhh ok?? He came back and said “whatever you want off the menu you can get at the buffet.” The dining room has a small buffet every morning for breakfast but the menu has different items that day it happened to be chocolate featured items so a chocolate milkshake is what I wanted and a hash brown since the buffet didn’t have them any other morning. He very rudely and condescendingly laughed and said “well I guess I can just walk over to the buffet and grab you a hash brown and then bring it back” I mentioned that I can get it if they have them I just hadn’t seen them any other morning and that I would like a milkshake. I got up to go get my food and he asked the waitress do we have chocolate milkshakes she replied no but it was clearly on the menu. My friend it was still sitting there and he said “oh well forget her then!” The buffet didn’t have hash browns and he never placed the order. He did bring out chocolate milk and said, “that’s as good as it gets!” My friend and I are still shocked at all we encountered