Early Saver Price Drop question

4ready2cruz

I recently booked with the VIFP Exclusive Early Saver option. There is now another VIFP Exclusive ES available and the fare is lower than what I initially paid.

My question is, since the details of the offer say "for bookings made between March 1 and April 30", can I ask for the price difference since I actually booked in February?

Thanks in advance. This my first time booking with early saver, so not really sure what the benefits are.

Yes you can. I just booked ES on Monday for a cruise next year and price matched today to the new ES VIFP with a lower rate, $50 OBC.

However, when I originally booked on Monday it was $100 per person deposit. This new sale is half off deposits. Which meant that I had to pay an addition $50 toward the deposit so I did not lose my booking. That is something important to remember. If I price match to something else later that requires full deposit then I will have to make sure I have paid enough for that. Many stories on here of people not realizing that and their cruise being cancelled due to not enough deposit.

Yes OBC is what you will get. Also, with ES you can price match up to two days before the cruise so don't stop checking those prices!

Do they usually just change rates to pack and go so you can't price match unless you let them choose your room?