Smaller extended aft cabins

teaach

It seems that all Dream class ships, extended afts, Deck 7, next to the corner wrap cabins, have no sofa or coffee table area. This makes these expensive cabins less desirable than their larger ext aft counterparts. I recently found out the Carnival Sunshine also has these smaller ext afts on Deck 7. I was stuck on the Breeze a few years ago in one of these smaller ext afts. No one from Carnival, whom I booked with, told me these cabins were smaller and I was disappointed in the cabin layout and size, The ext balcony was the appropriate size. I wonder how many of these smaller ext aft exist on other Carnival ships?

It seems that all Dream class ships, extended afts, Deck 7, next to the corner wrap cabins, have no sofa or coffee table area. This makes these expensive cabins less desirable than their larger ext aft counterparts. I recently found out the Carnival Sunshine also has these smaller ext afts on Deck 7. I was stuck on the Breeze a few years ago in one of these smaller ext afts. No one from Carnival, whom I booked with, told me these cabins were smaller and I was disappointed in the cabin layout and size, The ext balcony was the appropriate size. I wonder how many of these smaller ext aft exist on other Carnival ships?

The problem is that they are listed as the same size. So the Carnival rep might have seen that it didn't have a coffee table and sofa (if they even checked), but it would have showed them the same square footage. I don't know if they actually are smaller, or if the layout just makes it feel smaller. They also only have 2 closets as opposed to 3 on the other aft extended balcony cabins.

It was the same on deck 9 in an Aft Wrap on the Magic. DW called and was informed that it had a couch. Due to back issues I cannot sleep in a bed so I spent the week either on the balcony or walking the deck at night. DW emailed and complained and received 50 OBC for each of us. I'm not complaining, it was a cruise and I wasn't at work, had a great time, swam with dolphins, Sharks, stingrays, and drove a one man submarine. We have taken a cruise since then and have just over 40 days to the next one.

I would say def smaller, even though it says comparable square footage. This will be our 8th cruise, all in balconies and most in ext afts. It was def a tjght fit for 2 people in that smaller ext aft. Also the tv can be in akward places in these smaller ext afts. I saw one over the head of the bed so u would watch tv laying at the foot of the bed.

I always thought those cabins were the same size, they just had access panels that prevented the couch from being available, but I could be wrong.

Now I know for a fact that the center aft extended cabins on deck 6 - 6458 / 6489 are about 18 inches narrower than a standard cabin. In fact it is very tight getting by the foot of the bed.

We booked that room on our first Carnival cruise on Carnival Freedom. I thought wow, CCL are way smaller than Royal or Princess. Later we went on The Legend and we had a regular size room. Nowhere does Carnival mention that those (and probably more) rooms are smaller.

-F-

The two center aft facing cabins on the Splendor are the same way. The deck plans are accurate as those cabins are slightly narrower on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app