Finding trip insurance

CLS/KAS

Hello all.. quick question. not happy w the travel insurance being offered through Carnival for our cruise.($79pp) I know I have read on here in the past, there is a company that offers better coverage. I will be booking airline tickets through travelocity, which does have a great policy.. so covered there.. looking for better protection on board. tks

Guest maddycat

For several years I have been buying our travel insurance through the Trip Insurance Store. I call and speak to one of their agents who will suggest which policy will best meet my needs.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/

Edited by maddycat

We were scheduled to sail on the Norwegian Jade in late November 2015, so what does my better half do? She falls and fractures a vertebrae in her back 3 weeks before the cruise. She spent 9 days in the hospital, had back surgery where they removed part of a rib and fused her T12 vertebrae and had 32 staples in an 8" incision. Then she spent 4 months wearing a molded back brace. Now 4 months later she is out of the brace and back to work.

Luckily I had taken out trip insurance thru insuremytrip. It took 6 weeks, but we got everything back except the insurance fees and a $100 deposit with our booking agent. It is refundable if we re-book within the year.

So please, please take out insurance. We all think that nothing can happen to us, but it can and does.

I knew Ginger D was getting better when she told me to start looking for another cruise. She is going to make it.;)

Thank you all!

as always, this site and all on it, have always been a great help,

and provided first hand answers to all my questions.

A couple of yrs back, my DW decided she was jumping from the cliffs at Rick's Cafe in Jamaica. She did it... but woman who jumped in right before her, hit the water sideways... "SLAP"..was down 3 seconds.. when she came up.. she was black and purple (not blue!) from head to toe on her one side..I was called a chicken..(former Marine)... NO.. I'm a realist..lol..had 3 days left on cruise... and i was not gonna screw them up...my story and sticking to it!! lol (it is 60+ ft!) :D

..I was called a chicken..(former Marine)... NO.. I'm a realist..lol..had 3 days left on cruise... and i was not gonna screw them up...my story and sticking to it!! lol (it is 60+ ft!) :D

I hear ya. Been cut, hit, rolled a jeep and been shot at, but I haven't jumped off of a cliff in 30 years. I may be crazy but I am like a jarhead, smarter that I look.;)