Carnival Fantasy Itinerary Changes March 2016

qianabb

melissadoak- While history will suggest you will never be back to Cruise Critic and therefore will not see this, I am responding on the very off-chance that you do return:

Do you expect someone at Carnival to see your extremely long letter to them or have you also sent this directly to Carnival? I only got a few sentences in before I had to stop reading as it was giving me a headache. Paragraphs are your friend. Additionally, if you truly want help, you need to stick to the facts, and remove the drama and hyperbole. How badly you wanted this trip is not relevant, everyone hopes their vacation goes according to plan. However, the very nature of travel is that things will happen that are no one's fault. Good day.

I also think a shorter letter would of been better. I stopped after the first few lines

I do look back. I also found your site too late, some one posted that already. Yes, I sent letters to Carnival directly, to the cruise booking company (which was different) and the BBB of Miami which has opened a case. Drama is all from perspective. This was not my first cruise, but it was the first time with Carnival. Customer service was piss poor. Like you, I have a right to my opinion.

Glad you have come back. My intention was only to offer assistance.Of course you have a right to your opinion, but if you really want something to be done and not just to vent, you need to send them only the facts and not opinions, and make it easier to read by breaking it up into paragraphs. As for the BBB, that was truly a waste of time. They have no jurisdiction to do anything for you.

I've been on a Carnival cruise when we missed Saint Maarten and we got no compensation at all. It didn't ruin our cruise at all. A cruise or any vacation is ultimately what you make of it. It is a shame that with your limited vacation time that you could not have a better time. I would of been very happy with a $50 OBC and 25% off of a future cruise.

Glad you have come back. My intention was only to offer assistance.Of course you have a right to your opinion, but if you really want something to be done and not just to vent, you need to send them only the facts and not opinions, and make it easier to read by breaking it up into paragraphs. As for the BBB, that was truly a waste of time. They have no jurisdiction to do anything for you.

I did send a letter and it was broken up into paragraphs, this forum doesn't do that for you when you copy & paste. I have moved forward with the BBB complaint and thus far, it is moving along smoothly. It is at least worth a try. Yes, you are all correct, the contract means everything but so should the passenger Bill of Rights document that Carnival agrees to:

The Members of the Cruise Lines International Association are dedicated to the comfort and care of all passengers on oceangoing cruises throughout the world. To fulfill this commitment, our Members have agreed to adopt the following set of passenger rights:

1. The right to disembark a docked ship if essential provisions such as food, water, restroom facilities and access to medical care cannot adequately be provided onboard, subject only to the Master’s concern for passenger safety and security and customs and immigration requirements of the port.

2. The right to a full refund for a trip that is canceled due to mechanical failures, or a partial refund for voyages that are terminated early due to those failures.

3. The right to have available on board ships operating beyond rivers or coastal waters full-time, professional emergency medical attention, as needed until shore side medical care becomes available.

4. The right to timely information updates as to any adjustments in the itinerary of the ship in the event of a mechanical failure or emergency, as well as timely updates of the status of efforts to address mechanical failures.

5. The right to a ship crew that is properly trained in emergency and evacuation procedures.

6. The right to an emergency power source in the case of a main generator failure.

7. The right to transportation to the ship’s scheduled port of disembarkation or the passenger’s home city in the event a cruise is terminated early due to mechanical failures.

8. The right to lodging if disembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required when a cruise is terminated early due to mechanical failures.

9. The right to have included on each cruise line’s website a toll-free phone line that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations.

10. The right to have this Cruise Industry Passenger Bill of Rights published on each line’s website.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, I would like to know the outcome too. I'm sure I would probably have been angry if this happened to me but I also know that an itinerary is not set in stone and I think I would have tried to make the best of it even though it sounds like most of the passengers kept the anger going.

My now husband and I were on a Carnival cruise in Oct, 2011 (our 5th) and were supposed to stop at the Caymans to get married. Just us two. We had on our beach wedding clothes (nothing fancy) and had booked a wedding company and paid for a license (which ain't cheap). Guess what...the weather wouldn't allow us to tender over to the Caymans. We talked about it to a few fellow cruisers and got empathy comments from them but said, "oh well, we knew it could happen" and went on our merry way. We got married a month later in the Smoky Mountains in November. Very beautiful!

We will be going on our 11th cruise together next month. Can't wait!! Come to think of it, it would be our 5th anniversary cruise if we had been able to get married the first time. Things happen.

I did send a letter and it was broken up into paragraphs, this forum doesn't do that for you when you copy & paste. I have moved forward with the BBB complaint and thus far, it is moving along smoothly. It is at least worth a try. Yes, you are all correct, the contract means everything but so should the passenger Bill of Rights document that Carnival agrees to:

The Members of the Cruise Lines International Association are dedicated to the comfort and care of all passengers on oceangoing cruises throughout the world. To fulfill this commitment, our Members have agreed to adopt the following set of passenger rights:

1. The right to disembark a docked ship if essential provisions such as food, water, restroom facilities and access to medical care cannot adequately be provided onboard, subject only to the Master’s concern for passenger safety and security and customs and immigration requirements of the port.

Not Applicable

2. The right to a full refund for a trip that is canceled due to mechanical failures, or a partial refund for voyages that are terminated early due to those failures.

Not Applicable

3. The right to have available on board ships operating beyond rivers or coastal waters full-time, professional emergency medical attention, as needed until shore side medical care becomes available.

Not Applicable

4. The right to timely information updates as to any adjustments in the itinerary of the ship in the event of a mechanical failure or emergency, as well as timely updates of the status of efforts to address mechanical failures.

I'm sure the definition of TIMELY is at the discretion of the cruise line -- since your cruise was not being cancelled and only the ports were being changed, then I think that becomes the loophole for the cruise line. AND, they deemed the issue technical, not mechanical. Since the ship was still sailable, I would assume that is where it becomes technical ....

5. The right to a ship crew that is properly trained in emergency and evacuation procedures.

Not Applicable

6. The right to an emergency power source in the case of a main generator failure.

Not Applicable

7. The right to transportation to the ship’s scheduled port of disembarkation or the passenger’s home city in the event a cruise is terminated early due to mechanical failures.

Not Applicable

8. The right to lodging if disembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required when a cruise is terminated early due to mechanical failures.

Not Applicable

9. The right to have included on each cruise line’s website a toll-free phone line that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations.

Available on the line's website and the cruise documents you printed.

10. The right to have this Cruise Industry Passenger Bill of Rights published on each line’s website.

You clearly found this so, not applicable

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience and life is just not the same now for you. I want so badly to tell you about a family I know ... the husband dropped dead of a heart attack four years ago at the age of 47 leaving two children, 13 and 10 and a wife who had just found out her breast cancer came back after 7 years of being in remission .... oh, and she just died 9/11/16 at the age of 50 after being beaten by her 2nd round of cancer. Two sons, oldest will be 17 next month, youngest is 13 .... doesn't make your 5-day cruise sound so bad now, does it?

Let it go. Book another or better yet, go to an all-inclusive. YOUR life is going to go on!!! Best of luck to you.l

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09