Art Mel's for lunch in Hamilton

Raindrops27

My family and I want to try this place. But, have no idea how to get here and where we will sit to eat since people say it's an order and go spot. Can anyone recommend the closest place to sit and have lunch beach/park for a family of 5. Also, what is the best option for transportation there? We will be arriving via cruise in May. TIA

As I recall the Art Mel's on the outskirts of Hamilton is not in a tourist-friendly area.

The Art Mel's in St. George's is, but when I went there in October at lunchtime on a day when it should have been open it wasn't...and I'm not the only person on Cruise Critic who has reported that happening. If you're going to be in St. George's anyway you can always eat else where but I'm reluctant to recommend that anyone make a special trip there just for the purpose of eating an Art Mel's fish sandwich.

Edit: I just read a couple of reports on TripAdvisor stating that the St. George's location is closed.

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you NJhorseman! I've heard it would be in the what others may call a "sketchy neighborhood." I did hear the St. George location is closed. You're from Bermuda right? So, what is close by for our family to sit down to eat? Maybe, I'll send my husband, and father to stop off to get the sandwiches. We've been wanting these sandwiches since we missed it, on our last trip to Bermuda 15 years ago. So, I must have it. Thanks again!

Thank you NJhorseman! I've heard it would be in the what others may call a "sketchy neighborhood." I did hear the St. George location is closed. You're from Bermuda right? So, what is close by for our family to sit down to eat? Maybe, I'll send my husband, and father to stop off to get the sandwiches. We've been wanting these sandwiches since we missed it, on our last trip to Bermuda 15 years ago. So, I must have it. Thanks again!

I wish I lived in Bermuda, but I'm from New Jersey and merely a regular visitor to Bermuda.

I know next to nothing about the area near Art Mel's. Perhaps an actual Bermudian (rather than this wanna be Bermudian) will read this and be able to help you.

You can Google map Art Mel's from either the Bus or Ferry Terminal. It is a 27 to 30 minute walk from the Ferry Terminal. The closest place to eat it would be at the Tennis Stadium or Softball Field at Bernard Park, which you have to walk past to get back to down. The nicest place to eat would be Victoria Park.

Edited by islegroove