Cunard CompleteAir quotes

DavidYYC

We are thinking about a transatlantic on QM2 in July. One of the deciding factors would be the cost of the airfare. Doing a transatlantic means I need to purchase an open-jaw two oneway fares (YYC-EWR and LHR-YYC) the transatlantic portion is very high if I price it on my own on a legacy carrier. Typically cruise lines get good prices for these fares from the airlines. ChoiceAir (for Celebrity) lets you price the fares for your trip before you purchase the cruise.

Is there any way I can get a quote on these fares from CompleteAir without actually making a cruise booking on Cunard?

Yes, just call Cunard. I did a TA last January and the cost of purchasing my own airfare was higher than the cost of the cruise. I called Cunard and they were great. They gave me the choice of connecting cities (I could have connected at JFK, O'Hare, and Atlanta (and maybe one other I can't remember). They gave me the cost for each (they varied by a few dollars). I did purchase my domestic flight on my own but wish I had let Cunard book it as we were delayed a day returning to the US.

They also gave me the choice of when I flew in (I like to go at least two days in advance just in case).

BTW, the cost of the flight to the UK through Cunard was about 20% of what it would have been if I booked it myself and that was for premium economy.

Edited by Scrapnana

No, you do not need a booking. When I called I told the lady that I really wanted to do that crossing but the airfare I had found was way too expensive. She gave me the choices of connecting cities and prices. After I heard what good prices Cunard could give me I put a hold on a stateroom until I could contact my TA.

Edited by Scrapnana

We are thinking about a transatlantic on QM2 in July. One of the deciding factors would be the cost of the airfare. Doing a transatlantic means I need to purchase an open-jaw two oneway fares (YYC-EWR and LHR-YYC) the transatlantic portion is very high if I price it on my own on a legacy carrier. Typically cruise lines get good prices for these fares from the airlines. ChoiceAir (for Celebrity) lets you price the fares for your trip before you purchase the cruise.

Is there any way I can get a quote on these fares from CompleteAir without actually making a cruise booking on Cunard?

One way fares on Air Transat for a London (LGW) -YYC are always available at a reasonable cost. Their revised Club Class is excellent and far surpasses AC and BA (in my opinion). Maybe Westjet will be up and running by then too.

We had very good luck with Cunard's one way transatlantic airfares. I didn't realize that you didn't necessarily have to fly in/out of England, which was a big plus for us. We wanted to do a QM2 westbound transatlantic, but were starting our trip by spending 3 weeks visiting family in the Netherlands. Cunard booked us into Amsterdam, no problem, and on the airline of our choice (Delta). We flew out of Boston as it's the nearest big airport to where we live in Maine. the fare was just about literally half of what the round trip fare would have been.

We faced a similar problem on a December TA, with airfares costing much more than the entire voyage. Our agent suggested Icelandair, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Yes, you do change planes in Reykjavík - but the wait is minimal and pleasant, and we arrived in Heathrow less than three hours after the nonstop BA flight which was boarding next to us at JFK.

The best part - we saved more than $1500 per person. It allowed us to book the crossing (which we loved!)

We want to take an TA (eastbound) and then spend a couple of weeks in Ireland. I had no idea that Cunard would provide a one-way fare other than from England. So, it's conceivable that we could sail from NYC, spend a couple of days in London, get ourselves up to Ireland, and then fly from Dublin back to Syracuse on a Cunard fare? (We have looked into flying to Ireland, and the price of business class is crazy; and I don't sleep on planes, let alone have to sit up to sleep, which would be the deal in coach!:p) Am I reading the posts correctly? This itinerary would be possible? Thanks so much for any advice!

I recently priced a one-way from NYC to London via Icelandair. It was only $349 and did stop in Rekyjavik. Sort of wished that I had not booked BA from Tampa to Gatwick, using Avios miles. The airline fees for landing in London are absurd.

We want to take an TA (eastbound) and then spend a couple of weeks in Ireland. I had no idea that Cunard would provide a one-way fare other than from England. So, it's conceivable that we could sail from NYC, spend a couple of days in London, get ourselves up to Ireland, and then fly from Dublin back to Syracuse on a Cunard fare? (We have looked into flying to Ireland, and the price of business class is crazy; and I don't sleep on planes, let alone have to sit up to sleep, which would be the deal in coach!:p) Am I reading the posts correctly? This itinerary would be possible? Thanks so much for any advice!

You need to ask the question to Cunard or your TA.