Loungers on the Star

Heather1972

Hi all -

I was watching a video last night about the Star. Are there no loungers around the immediate pool area that are covered/shaded? I saw there were tables and chairs along the sides. I prefer a lounger, but I can't stay in the sun all day. TIA

If anything like the Dawn (sister ship) - tables and chairs along both sides. Busy most days - people eating food from the buffet, or drinking, or playing cards etc. Not sure that there would be much room to slide a lounger into those areas.

Yeah, that's what I feared. Just a design feature I haven't seen before. My plan is to just take up 2 regular chairs in the shaded area then... one for my butt and one for my feet. My kid is happy baking himself in the sun. :eek:

Yeah, that's what I feared. Just a design feature I haven't seen before. My plan is to just take up 2 regular chairs in the shaded area then... one for my butt and one for my feet. My kid is happy baking himself in the sun. :eek:

Yes, that would be considered chair hogging.

There are loungers fore and aft of the waterslides on both sides of deck 12. Depending on the time of day, ships position, and direction of travel, there is always some of them in the shade.

“Now then, Pooh," said Christopher Robin, "where's your boat?"

"I ought to say," explained Pooh as they walked down to the shore of the island, "that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends."

"Depends on what?"

"On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh