Money saving tips

amyhoss

Bought an ankle bracelet from an inch of gold sale on as cruise in 1990. Still have it, still love it, still wear it. One of my favorite thing i spent a little money for on a ship!

You are one of the very few people who's skin does not react to that junk and turn it green.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2) Purchase discounted secondary market gift cards (Target) from a gift card reseller. I use Raise.com or Cardpool.com most of the time but there are others out there.

Using this method, you can save anywhere from 8.8% - 12.6% (depending on your secondary market Target gift card savings) on your Southwest flight.

Just a warning about using Raise.com gift cards. Last September I bought a $100 gift card (different store), made a purchase for $60.

The gift cards you buy on Raise.com do not expire according to the site so I wasn't worried about using the balance later.

In February I got back to the store and was planning to use the balance on my card to pay for my purchase. The money on the gift card were gone. Apparently "someone disputed the initial charges on the card and the card was cancelled". No one knew who was this mysterious "someone".

I contacted Raise.com and was told that my request for a refund was denied because of their 100 day return policy. No explanation what happened to my money. I went to their FB page and read that quite a few people lost money on the gift cards bought from Raise.com if they didn't use them right away.

So if you plan to buy gift cards from Raise.com make sure you use them fast, don't wait or you might be out of money.

Edited by Aldeya