Breakaway Specialty Dining...

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary on the Breakaway in June. This will be our first cruise with NCL. We have the UDP and purchased the specialty dining package for 3 nights. What would your three choices be? What are your favorite meals in those restaurants? Just as an FYI, we are not picky eaters, are both adventurous and willing to try new foods and live in a small, rural town so we don't have many options for fine dining. Thanks in advance for your help!

For me, it's definitely ..

1. Ocean Blue

2. Teppanyaki

3. Le Bistro

Been to all three multiple times and felt the quality of food is definitely on par with what you pay for. I also like Cagney's and the Churraschuria but honestly the steak that I get when I eat the Haven Restaurant (which you need to be a guest on the Haven or a special guest of NCL to access), I was less inclined to do any of the "meaty" options myself. But that's just me. :)

Ocean Blue was pretty awesome .. reminded me of some of the really nice seafood joints I visit on land ...

The proteins at Moderno are not great (as is normally the case at any Churasscaria).

My personal recs on the Breakaway are Le Bistro and Cagney's (you will get a much better steak here than you will at Moderno, unless your preference is to eat as much meat as possible, then pick Moderno).

Teppanyaki is fine, but if you've ever been to a Benihana than you have seen this all before. Onion "volcano", etc. If you've been to this style of place there's nothing new here. The dessert choices aren't great.

Have not dined at Ocean Blue, so I can't comment.

Avoid La Cucina, it's pretty bad.

Thank you all for the input! I have definitely taken La Cucina off my list. Right now I'm thinking of doing Le Bistro, Moderno and Cagney's. We've done the "onion volcano" bit and we love seafood (duh, right, we're from Maine) but have never done the whole meat until you flip your card thing. I really appreciate all the help! [emoji4]

Ocean Blue and Moderno were my favorites. Standout food at both. Do not miss the cheesy buns at Moderno. They are addictive and so delicious. All the other restaurants were good but these were the top 2.

Cheesy buns have been added to my list of must haves!

For me, it's definitely ..

1. Ocean Blue

2. Teppanyaki

3. Le Bistro

Been to all three multiple times and felt the quality of food is definitely on par with what you pay for. I also like Cagney's and the Churraschuria but honestly the steak that I get when I eat the Haven Restaurant (which you need to be a guest on the Haven or a special guest of NCL to access), I was less inclined to do any of the "meaty" options myself. But that's just me. :)

Ocean Blue was pretty awesome .. reminded me of some of the really nice seafood joints I visit on land ...

Thank you! Le Bistro is my first choice and Moderno is my husband's first choice. [emoji57]