? for those who eat dinner in the buffet

mwood0612

We are probably in the minority here, but my dh and I never eat in the MDR. no specific reason, but it just isn't our thing. However, we have gone to the MDR just to get dessert! I too love the bitter and blanc and of course the choc melting cake. We eat at the buffet and have always been satisfied. We love a laid-back, casual vacay!

What is generally served on the Buffet? Haven't cruised in a long time. TIA

We are probably in the minority here, but my dh and I never eat in the MDR. no specific reason, but it just isn't our thing. However, we have gone to the MDR just to get dessert! I too love the bitter and blanc and of course the choc melting cake. We eat at the buffet and have always been satisfied. We love a laid-back, casual vacay!

Pamm4151 - It varies. There are many things offered.

leenieweenie - We usually just do the buffet too for the same reasons. The less of a schedule, ... the better. ;)

On a Halloween cruise I had to eat on Lido for dinner--my costume wouldn't let me sit properly. I was an excursion guide with a sign and everything like the people who hold up the signs so you can find them. I had on an inner tube and a fake thong bikini butt...Couldn't go in the MDR like that!

This is us too. Its just to much trouble to go back to the cabin, shower and dress for dinner then go to dinner for 2 hours. That's a lot of vacation time spent on dinner.

How many nights do others eat in buffet on a typical cruise? I just really want to relax this cruise and not feel like I'm rushed to dress up and go to dinner every night!!

On our last cruise, we ended up eating at the buffet each night after the first night. Our little girl (14 months at the time) was starting to get a little noisy at dinner, so we were more comfortable just sticking to the buffet and not worrying about bothering anyone. There were plenty of others eating there, but it obviously wasn't as busy as lunch. They do have several things that are on the MDR menu that night, but of course not as much selection. And plenty of desserts to pick from, but not the same ones. I did miss the dining room, but it worked ok for us. I'm sure we'll be doing the same on our cruise next month since we'll now have two little ones along.

This is us too. Its just to much trouble to go back to the cabin, shower and dress for dinner then go to dinner for 2 hours. That's a lot of vacation time spent on dinner.

I absolutely agree. I want to get in and get out. I don't need a phony show and service interrupted. Some nights flagging someone down for water is a chore.

The wife likes sitting down and getting waited on. 45 minutes max for dinner. Every cruise it's a "discussion" about me changing clothes to sit down and wait, wait, wait.

I've HEARD that you can order from the MDR for room service. Like I said I've heard that from a couple of different sources but have never tried it myself.

I never heard about room service but we have gone to the MDR and placed an order to go. Waited for it and they bring it on covered dishes and we brought it back to our room, dessert and all.

I never heard about room service but we have gone to the MDR and placed an order to go. Waited for it and they bring it on covered dishes and we brought it back to our room, dessert and all.

I mentioned earlier that we have done this with dessert. I forgot, my husband also got the lobster this way.

I laughed when I read your posts; you are so right about this especially on a 7 day cruise!!!!

I too, prefer just eating at the buffet. Dinner takes so long in the MDR and there are so many other things I would rather be doing. Usually just watching the water go by. LOL

Sure, maybe the food's better in the MDR, but if someone else is cooking it and cleaning it up, I'm good!

I was looking over the menus in the MDR for our upcoming cruise and there are several nights that the selection is not that great but my FAV desert is served that night. My question is, if we were to choose to go to the buffet for dinner instead of the MDR, do they offer the same desserts as the MDR; mainly the crème brulee and bitter & blanc?

Go to the buffet a little earlier for dinner, then head to the MDR for dessert. :D

If we feel up to it, we enjoy going to dinner in the MDR every night. But if we don't feel like changing into appropriate cloths or eating at the scheduled time, we will eat at the buffet. Sometimes we won't eat at either, and maybe have room service BLT or some pizza a bit later.

Room service nights - chocolate cake or choco chip cookies and a quick run to Lido for soft serve to go with it!

We've been on 13 cruises different lines and have only used the main dining room one time! Gasp!

Sorry I guess I'm an impatient person I like to eat and run.

It is your cruise, do what you enjoy as long as you aren't harming someone or breaking the rules.

Now, I love the MDR and the service. It is a big departure from the service you receive in the typical casual restaurant.