Coffee machines in Epic cabins

Burgmeister

Firstly I should state I don't drink coffee, I am a true British tea man through and through. Having said that my wife is weak. She will, at times, sup from the Devil's cup and have a coffee.

This will be our first time on NCL and, having read the NCL website, I believe that there are no kettles in the cabins but there are coffee makers. Is this true? We will be in a "mini-suite" (a.k.a. a tiny bit bigger balcony cabin) if this makes a difference to the answer.

Assuming that what I have read is correct and there is, indeed, a coffee machine in the cabin, what type of coffee does it use i.e. ground coffee, coffee pods etc. Finally, is any of this material provided or can/should you take your own?

Thanks

The supply of PG tips is very random. They tend to be hidden away in the buffet, but as often as not in my experience they don't have them at all. If tea is important then I wouldn't rely on it.

I never leave home without a supply of Tetley! It is the nectar of the gods!

You can bring pods or filters + ground coffee (the round, flat-bottomed filters, not cone-shaped).

Hmm. I knew I should have phrased my question better. As I said at the beginning I am no coffee drinker but I am aware that there are different types of pods available e.g. Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza etc, so which type of pods does the machine take?

Having asked that my wife will probably put up with the supplied "pretty awful" coffee, but I like to make sure she has the facts so can make her own mind up.

I'm beginning to realise that coffee forms the basis of a number of threads so I'm sorry that I started a new one.

Thanks

Thanks Keith but its more for her first cup of the day. She has health issues and takes a fair while to get "up and running" in the morning and a morning cup of coffee tends to help jump start the process.

If the worst comes to the worst I could always go to the buffet and grab a cup to take back, but I would rather avoid that if I can

Thanks Keith but its more for her first cup of the day. She has health issues and takes a fair while to get "up and running" in the morning and a morning cup of coffee tends to help jump start the process.

If the worst comes to the worst I could always go to the buffet and grab a cup to take back, but I would rather avoid that if I can

Aah, OK.

I did make a coffee from the machine once (well actually my wife made it so I can't say what it came in) and don't remember it being too bad.

You can also get coffee delivered free by room service between 6.30am and 10am. I don't know what that's like. You do need to order it the night before though.

Edited by KeithJenner

OK thanks Keith. She used to drink any old coffee but I spoiled her at Christmas with a Nespresso machine (I know, I'm too generous for my own good!!) and I wonder whether she has become a bit "fussy". I'll not bother taking our own, she can have the cabin stuff and like it!

Wish there was a kettle for my tea though :(

I have both a Nespresso and a bean to cup machine at home, so I feel her pain. :)

If she really needs a Nespresso fix then befriend someone in a suite. They have them in those rooms.

Well, if you didn't think the cabin coffee was too bad then we'll give that a go.

If it wasn't for the fact that NCL UK don't seem to offer "upsells" I might have been tempted to have a suite but, alas, they don't seem to think UK cruisers are Haven material!

As I said at the beginning I am no coffee drinker but I am aware that there are different types of pods available e.g. Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza etc, so which type of pods does the machine take?
None of the above! It's not a fancy espresso machine, but a simple drip-style machine for filter coffee.

Yes, they provide pre-packaged portions of regular and decaf coffee in filter pods that fit the machine, and you can always ask your steward for more. I don't remember the brand, it was not a big name. If your wife is at all particular about the quality of her coffee she'll want to bring her own (filters and coffee).