Swapping rooms

Hello everyone! I know different variations of this have been asked loads of times, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this one. Is it possible to have Royal do a complete room swap prior to boarding? For example, my girlfriend and I were booked in an inside and are trying to switch with my brother and a friend that have an ocean view. From what I've read it looks like the front desk can do it once we're on board, but I would like to try to do it in advance if possible to avoid the headache of the front desk on the first day. I know that on the TA side, one original name must be on the booking so it can't be done that way without re-booking to my knowledge. So if I were to call RCCI could they change the rooms with my brother's permission, or is there another way? Thanks!

Calling RCI will be a one way ticket to the "you must contact your travel agent in order to make changes to your reservation" sentence. You could try, but i'm confident that's what will happen.

I believe your best bet is to do it onboard. They'll accommodate you.

Have never had any luck with this before or on board. Don't waste your time. Simply ask for additional room keys to the opposite rooms and you'll have the access you need in less than 5 minutes.