Parking a rental car overnight Nawiliwili port Kaua'i

robirej

It's been several years since we did the NCL cruise of the islands, but we rented a car in Kauai and we were allowed to park it in the fenced in port area at no charge. I don't know if that has changed or not. We were there a day and half and we were able to drive all over the island and enjoy the scenery.

• 3 months later...
It's been several years since we did the NCL cruise of the islands, but we rented a car in Kauai and we were allowed to park it in the fenced in port area at no charge. I don't know if that has changed or not. We were there a day and half and we were able to drive all over the island and enjoy the scenery.

We were there in August of 2016 and yes there was the parking in the fenced in area. We had no problem and it was free. Have fun!!

Hi, we are going to be on Radiance of the Seas overnight in Nawiliwili in May and planned to rent a car for the two days. Where is this fenced in area you mention? Is this at the harbor?

thanks

There were a limited number of spaces the cruise line gave out, which maxed out by the time we got to the desk.

So we called the rental agency and told them we wanted to have our car considered two separate days, and parked on THEIR lot, with a courtesy car taking us back and forth.

Since POA is there every week, the cruise line probably has an arrangement on the dock to allow a certain number of passenger cars to park. Our Radiance cruise is a twice a year cruise and this is the only time they will overnight In Kauai. I doubt they will have the same arrangement. :(

I considered the two separate rental reservations but we want to use the car the first night for dinner and I doubt they will be running shuttle to the dock at 9 or 10 at night.

Anyone have any recent information about paid overnight parking at Anchor Cove? I have read here on CC about it but all the references were back around 2014.

thanks

Since POA is there every week, the cruise line probably has an arrangement on the dock to allow a certain number of passenger cars to park. Our Radiance cruise is a twice a year cruise and this is the only time they will overnight In Kauai. I doubt they will have the same arrangement. :(

I considered the two separate rental reservations but we want to use the car the first night for dinner and I doubt they will be running shuttle to the dock at 9 or 10 at night.

Anyone have any recent information about paid overnight parking at Anchor Cove? I have read here on CC about it but all the references were back around 2014.

thanks

You might check on the Hawaii board if you don't get a response here. We did not keep our car overnight in Kauai and the only references to parking I see are the ones for the Anchor Cove public lot, which is about $20 overnight (if you can find someone to take your money, otherwise it's free ). It's a 15 or 20 min walk by sidewalk back to the ship if the mall shuttles are not running.

I don't know if any parking at all is still allowed inside the port area due to security issues. The port parking was discontinued in Maui, the decision of the Port, not NCL. They may have done the same in Kauai.

When we were in Kauai in May, the overnight parking had just been discontinued. Anchor Cove is where the car rental agency suggested for overnight parking, which we did not use.

When we were in Kauai in May, the overnight parking had just been discontinued. Anchor Cove is where the car rental agency suggested for overnight parking, which we did not use.

Thanks, it's a short walk so that will be fine.

I'll just have to figure out at Anchor Cove where to pay.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thanks

We parked our car at Anchor cove on our POA cruise. There's supposed to be a charge to park there, but when we arrived there was no one around to collect it. We waited a bit, and finally gave up and parked the car and hoped for the best. When we came back the next morning, the car was still there, no problem and no issues.

The walk from Anchor Cove to the dock after dark may make some people nervous, but I never felt like it was an issue.

For more see my POA & Hawaii Rental Car reviews linked in the sig below.